[FM11] 4-5-1: Most Improved Team

My first thread by the way.

And sorry for my bad english.

I'm just want to share my tactic and hopefully get some advice & feedback about this tactic.

This tactic is not 'Plug and Play', that mean you need re-tweak to make better adopted in your team.

Okay here we go.

**UPDATED VERSION**

FORMATION

MlagaCFSADMlaga_Tactics.png

Remember, just Keep It Simple, Stupid! KISS!

Specific Tips :

1. Against Barcelona you need to play more wider & more quick. Give the ball to both flanks. It's work for me.

2. You absolutely need good dribbler-man on Inside Forward slot.

3. Use primary playmaker. Speed not needed, just pass, first touch, creativity etc. Xavi style.

LEAGUE TABLE (1ST SEASON)

LIGABBVAInformation_LeagueTable-1.png

FULL FIXTURES

fixtures.png

CURRENT TABLE (2ND SEASON) w/ TACTIC V3

LIGABBVAInformation_LeagueTable-2-1.png

TACTIC DOWNLOAD V2

TACTIC DOWNLOAD V3

CORNER SET PIECE

1. Put your Best Header player on Attack Far Post

2. Put your Strength Player on Challenge Goalkeeper

3. Set Team Set Piece at Corner section to Far Post Right & Left

4. Choose your best Corner attribute to take the corner kick

OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS

1. Striker : Pacey, High Flair, Tehnique ==> Tight Marking Always Only, (Weaker Foot Optional). Strong, Good Header Ability, Slow ==> Tight Marking Always, Closing Down Always, Weaker Foot, (Hard tackling Optional)

2. Winger : Pacey, Dribbler==> Tight Marking Always, Weaker Foot. Good Long Shot ==> Plus Closing Down Always.

3. Midfielder : Playmaker Style==> Tight Marking Always, Closing Down Always, Weaker Foot. Deep-lying/Defensive Mid./Anchorman==> Closing Down Always, Weaker Foot, (Hard Tackling Optional)

4. Defender : Ball Playing Def.==> (Weaker Foot Optional)

MATCH PREPERATION

Set your primary tactic (just set 1 tactic as primary from 3 tactic field), set to Very High Workload. And focus on Team Blend. Do this until your pre-season end. Probably until 2 weeks to your first competitive match. And after that set back Workload to Normal. And focus to Attacking Movement.

For pitch I'm not really sure. Normal maybe.

The newest version this tactic has been available in main post.

For Cupu Tactic v3, I just do little change in Player Instructions. Team Instructions still like in older version.

TACTIC IMPROVING

1. Ball Possesion

2. More create Clear Cut Chance a.k.a CCC

3. Both Fullback more efficient

4. Primary Playmaker more efficient

Feedback & Advice would be appreciate. Enjoy :)

WTF?!

i love this tactic!!

i downloaded and tested the mst rated tactic in this forum, but now, for me, this is the N°1!

i use Milan (yes, top team, and bla bla bla...i know...), and the style is so beautiful.

mtch prep: assistant

oi: assistant

oitch size: maximum

good job mate.

Any OI? Match preperation? pitch size?

Update mate :D

WTF?!

i love this tactic!!

i downloaded and tested the mst rated tactic in this forum, but now, for me, this is the N°1!

i use Milan (yes, top team, and bla bla bla...i know...), and the style is so beautiful.

mtch prep: assistant

oi: assistant

oitch size: maximum

good job mate.

Glad to hear that. I want to know this tactic working consistently or just a moment:D

Any advice would be appreciate :thup:

THIS TACTIC HAS BEEN FANTASTIC SO FAR!

I am with Sevilla!

I have two serious injuries: two CM's!!!

Spanish Cup: vs Barcelona at home: 1-2 ( this is my one defeat but it was first match), away won 1-0

League:5 matches 5 won 16-1,

CL qual: 2 won against Braga,

CL: won 3-1 at home vs Tottenham,

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT TO EVERYONE!!!

Pitch size: Normal

Team talk: For the fans - a lot.

I am with Sevilla!

Spanish Cup: vs Barcelona at home: 1-2 ( this is my one defeat but it was first match), away won 1-0

what is your pitch size ?

Trying this tactic with my Ajax team first season.

No big signings, just Àvine from Bahia and Maxime Lestienne from Club Brugge + Belgian teenagers Mats Rits and Laurens De Bock.

Demy De Zeuw has been great in the playmaker role and El Hamdaoui has 7 goals in 8 games.

I did however try one little thing.. I got placed in Champions League group with Chelsea, Roma and Spartak Moscow!! :eek:

The first match was Roma away, and to tighten things up a little bit I moved De Zeuw down alongside Enoh as a Deep lying playmaker and placed Lodeiro more in the center so that it was a 2-1 instead of a 1-2 central midfield. Won 1-0 at Stadio Olimpico!! :D

Played 8 games so far and won all of them with goal difference 18-2!

Doing great so far. Will update in mid season and at end of season. :)

Cheers!

I am with Sevilla!

:thup:

what teamtalks do you use?

Emm, Im not take special treatment at this point. But because I manage Sporting, Im use 'No Pressure' a lot.

Patch 11.2.1?

Yes, this tactic based on 11.2.1

Trying this tactic with my Ajax team first season.

No big signings, just Àvine from Bahia and Maxime Lestienne from Club Brugge + Belgian teenagers Mats Rits and Laurens De Bock.

Demy De Zeuw has been great in the playmaker role and El Hamdaoui has 7 goals in 8 games.

I did however try one little thing.. I got placed in Champions League group with Chelsea, Roma and Spartak Moscow!! :eek:

The first match was Roma away, and to tighten things up a little bit I moved De Zeuw down alongside Enoh as a Deep lying playmaker and placed Lodeiro more in the center so that it was a 2-1 instead of a 1-2 central midfield. Won 1-0 at Stadio Olimpico!! :D

Played 8 games so far and won all of them with goal difference 18-2!

Doing great so far. Will update in mid season and at end of season. :)

Cheers!

Wow sounds great! Keep try-tweak mate! \m/

I Test this 7 games

6W 1L

Loose to Spurs 2x0.

i'm Manchester City.

Great, I'm doing the same thing with Newcastle to test how effective this tactic in English Premier League. Unfortunatelly just finished at 4th table :confused:

MY QUESTION IS what kind of strategy and shouts Franklin and Bhocielbaru use during the match??? or keep control??

MANY THX!!!

Sevilla story updated with pitch size and team talks!

I never use any shouts instructions during the match.

When your team leading in early minutes in match, then going more attack. Because the AI's team will focus to get score. Look for effect with your team performance on the pitch, if your team became struggle on possesion and you think your team got more pressure from AI, then set back to control !

So the decision in your hand. Be creative mate. :)

I have tweaked corner:

Aim to the far post

FB: stay back - Raphael ( loan from MU ), Roberto Carlos ( He is 37 years old but fantastic, av. rating: 7.47 + 4 assists )

DMC: stay back - Annan

CM: lurk outside area - primary playmaker: Cigarini

CM: flick near post - Badelj

CBR: stand on far post - FAZIO 12 matches / 6 goals ( !!! ) so far

CBL: attack near post - Escudé

AML/R/: go forward - Corner taker: left footed - right side and vice versa e.g. Left: Navas, Right: Capel

FC: challange keeper - Luis fabiano

Free kick: Aim to Best header

CBL: Mark keeper - Escudé

CBR: Go forward - Fazio

MY QUESTION IS what kind of strategy and shouts Franklin and Bhocielbaru use during the match??? or keep control??

MANY THX!!!

Sevilla story updated with pitch size and team talks!

Haven`t used any shouts yet. But maybe I`ll try some to see how it works. :)

As for strategy, I have only used control so far.

I have tweaked corner:

Aim to the far post

FB: stay back - Raphael ( loan from MU ), Roberto Carlos ( He is 37 years old but fantastic, av. rating: 7.47 + 4 assists )

DMC: stay back - Annan

CM: lurk outside area - primary playmaker: Cigarini

CM: flick near post - Badelj

CBR: stand on far post - FAZIO 12 matches / 6 goals ( !!! ) so far

CBL: attack near post - Escudé

AML/R/: go forward - Corner taker: left footed - right side and vice versa e.g. Left: Navas, Right: Capel

FC: challange keeper - Luis fabiano

Free kick: Aim to Best header

CBL: Mark keeper - Escudé

CBR: Go forward - Fazio

Sounds like a good setup. :)

I`ll try this now.

Just played one of my fiercest rivals Feyenoord away and won 3-1!!

They got a cheap penalty in stoppage time...

Once again i moved around on the central midfield to make it a 2-1 constellation.

789270.jpeg

Seems to be working very well in tough away matches at least. ;)

And in recent matches when I`m 2 or 3-0 up and want to control the match I have used the "Retain possession" and "Pass to feet" shouts to control the game more. :thup:

By the way: Next match is Chelsea at home in the Champions League..

but i dont uderstand very well

I think it is clear:

OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS

1. Striker : Pacey, High Flair, Tehnique ==> Tight Marking Always Only, (Weaker Foot Optional). Strong, Good Header Ability, Slow ==> Tight Marking Always, Closing Down Always, Weaker Foot, (Hard tackling Optional)

2. Winger : Pacey, Dribbler==> Tight Marking Always, Weaker Foot. Good Long Shot ==> Plus Closing Down Always.

3. Midfielder : Playmaker Style==> Tight Marking Always, Closing Down Always, Weaker Foot. Deep-lying/Defensive Mid./Anchorman==> Closing Down Always, Weaker Foot, (Hard Tackling Optional)

4. Defender : Ball Playing Def.==> (Weaker Foot Optional)

Just played one of my fiercest rivals Feyenoord away and won 3-1!!

They got a cheap penalty in stoppage time...

Once again i moved around on the central midfield to make it a 2-1 constellation.

789270.jpeg

Seems to be working very well in tough away matches at least. ;)

And in recent matches when I`m 2 or 3-0 up and want to control the match I have used the "Retain possession" and "Pass to feet" shouts to control the game more. :thup:

By the way: Next match is Chelsea at home in the Champions League..

GRAT!

Could you please upload your fixture?

THX!

Ajax Mid Season Report

The saeson so far has been great! Still haven`t lost in the Eresdivisie and qualified from a Champions League group with Chelsea , Roma and Spartak Moscow!

Only 1 defeat in all competitions so far this season , and that was at Stamford Bridge against Chelsea..

Eresdivisie:

789412.jpeg

Champions League Group G:

789417.jpeg

I`m still using this tweak in though away matches:

789426.jpeg

And as you can see in the pictures of the results below it`s working very well for me.

789432.jpeg

Away to bitter rivals Feyenoord

franklin you play home and away matches with the same tactic or you always change

I use the 2-1 midfield constellation only in away matches against opponents I consider as good as or better than my team such as AZ, PSV, Feyenoord, Roma, Chelsea etc.

I use the original tactic otherwise. Both home and away. :)

24 matches played in the Eresdivisie and still not lost a game!! 20 - 4 - 0. Goaldifference: 56 - 10

And Christian Eriksen has been great after i trained him to attacking midfielder left as inside forward!

27 games played , 6 goals and 15 asissst. 7.65 average rating. And he`s only 18 years old!!

Also reached the semi final of Amstel Cup by the way. :)

Just about to take on Marseille in the first knock out round of the Champions League..

Well.. Season 1 finished!

Went through the league undefeated. 28 - 6 - 0. GD: 72 - 13.

Lost to Marseille in the CL and lost 2-3 at home to FC Utrecht in the Amstel Cup semi final..

Managed to keep all my players for the second season despite lots of interest from top clubs and A RIDICOLOUS AMOUNT OF MOANING AND BITCHING from my best players..

Especially Luis Suarez!!! :thdn:

Only bought 1 players for the next season though.. Romelu Lakaku!

Another problem is that I have little money to spend cause the board is a bunch of cheap donkeys!! :mad:

Just looking forward to next season now. :)

Well.. Season 1 finished!

Went through the league undefeated. 28 - 6 - 0. GD: 72 - 13.

Lost to Marseille in the CL and lost 2-3 at home to FC Utrecht in the Amstel Cup semi final..

Managed to keep all my players for the second season despite lots of interest from top clubs and A RIDICOLOUS AMOUNT OF MOANING AND BITCHING from my best players..

Especially Luis Suarez!!! :thdn:

Only bought 1 players for the next season though.. Romelu Lakaku!

Another problem is that I have little money to spend cause the board is a bunch of cheap donkeys!! :mad:

Just looking forward to next season now. :)

Wow really impressing, do you tweak this tactic after all? Or just moved 1-2 midfield to 2-1 ?

Wow really impressing, do you tweak this tactic after all? Or just moved 1-2 midfield to 2-1 ?

only "logic tweaking".. if i need a goal i`lll go more attacking and increase the tempo. and slow down tempo and tick counterbox when i have a narrow lead from 75-80 minutes.

Or use the shouts "keep possession" and "pass to feet" and lower tempo when i want to control the game more. usually when i`m 2 or 3-0 up.

Started the new season by losing the Super Cup to FC Utrecht.. my bogey team it seems like.. :(

Did however start off with a 5-0 and a 4-1 victory in the league against Telstar and Roda JC. Lakaku with 3 goals in 3 matches. :)

Sevilla Mid Season Report

I could continue my save...

pictures:

http://img291.imageshack.us/i/leaguetablev.jpg/

http://img140.imageshack.us/i/fixt1.jpg/

http://img529.imageshack.us/i/fixt2.jpg/

http://img707.imageshack.us/i/15858650.jpg/

http://img341.imageshack.us/i/transfersyo.jpg/

I had many injuries in November and December.

Franklin, I highly recommend against top team and hard away games: According to opening post play more wider & more quick. Give the ball to both flanks. It really works!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really surprised not a lot of people discussing or giving credit to this tactic as compared to others even though this is ONE OF THE BEST TACTICS I've used for FM11..

Firstly, just to start off, I'm using Liverpool. I did edit the database just to make 1 very young player MC/AMC from Singapore, with PA 200 n CA 100. He's more like my experiment to see just how much Singapore's soccer can improve. Anyway, he's too young so I only usually let him in when we winning so he doesn't affect the tactic much..

Anyway, back to topic, even though I won the double in my first season using a tactic made for FM10 (EPL and League Cup), I decided to try this tactic for season 2. Results are AWESOME!! In my first season, I only bought Mapou (DC/DR in July), Phil Jones (DC in January) and Afellay (midfielder in January, comes in 2nd season). 2nd season, I bought Otamendi (DC in July) and that was all before I used this tactic..

I've not finished the season, about 26 games in, but I am UNDEFEATED in the league so far with just 3 draws!! Great results are 1-4 win agains Man City, 4-2 win against chelsea, 1-4 win against chelsea and such.. of course I changed the tactic a bit by setting the AMR and AML to swap positions, which helped a lot to me.. Maxi,, Skrtel, Reina, Kuyt and Afellay are my most consistent performers. Kuyt leading the club chart in goals and Afellay in assists.. 37 matches without defeat, new club record.. really awesome and I think we can win undefeated this season. thx dude.

Sevilla Mid Season Report

I could continue my save...

pictures:

http://img291.imageshack.us/i/leaguetablev.jpg/

http://img140.imageshack.us/i/fixt1.jpg/

http://img529.imageshack.us/i/fixt2.jpg/

http://img707.imageshack.us/i/15858650.jpg/

http://img341.imageshack.us/i/transfersyo.jpg/

I had many injuries in November and December.

Franklin, I highly recommend against top team and hard away games: According to opening post play more wider & more quick. Give the ball to both flanks. It really works!!!

Thanks for the report mate :)

I'm really surprised not a lot of people discussing or giving credit to this tactic as compared to others even though this is ONE OF THE BEST TACTICS I've used for FM11..

Firstly, just to start off, I'm using Liverpool. I did edit the database just to make 1 very young player MC/AMC from Singapore, with PA 200 n CA 100. He's more like my experiment to see just how much Singapore's soccer can improve. Anyway, he's too young so I only usually let him in when we winning so he doesn't affect the tactic much..

Anyway, back to topic, even though I won the double in my first season using a tactic made for FM10 (EPL and League Cup), I decided to try this tactic for season 2. Results are AWESOME!! In my first season, I only bought Mapou (DC/DR in July), Phil Jones (DC in January) and Afellay (midfielder in January, comes in 2nd season). 2nd season, I bought Otamendi (DC in July) and that was all before I used this tactic..

I've not finished the season, about 26 games in, but I am UNDEFEATED in the league so far with just 3 draws!! Great results are 1-4 win agains Man City, 4-2 win against chelsea, 1-4 win against chelsea and such.. of course I changed the tactic a bit by setting the AMR and AML to swap positions, which helped a lot to me.. Maxi,, Skrtel, Reina, Kuyt and Afellay are my most consistent performers. Kuyt leading the club chart in goals and Afellay in assists.. 37 matches without defeat, new club record.. really awesome and I think we can win undefeated this season. thx dude.

Great. Do you have good in possesion too?

Now I still on research this tactic with Malaga. Screenshot soon.

Having some brilliant results with this in pre-season, bought some reasonable players who will get better.

Quick question, are there any mentality changes when you play away / go ahead / go behind in a game ?

Obviously it's a control based tactic, which is great, but say i'm away against a higher team in the cup or I want to shut out a game, are there any tweaks ?

This looks like a really well thought out tactic, and I don't want it to go the way of many others that my players start throwing away leads / getting hammered by avergae teams. Thanks for the help and the effort put into the tactic.

Archived