Goalkeeper ratings

Hi, folks.

I've experienced nothing but low ratings to my goalkeepers. Bought Akinfeev in the transfer market after the 1st season. This season he has an avg. rating of 6.85 which - I believe - is a pretty low score considering he has held a clean sheet in half of his matches (I'm in marts).

A good example of this: I've just played against Real away. Had a horrible game. Stats are 24 shots (10 on goal) for Real and 3 shots (1 on goal) for me. I scored on a own goal. Amazing I got a result after all but that's not the point. Akinfeev was absolutely amazing and stopped every single of the 10 shots on goal exept a cracker from Xabi.

I was sure he would get the MOM award but no. The ratings surprised me and were kind of all wrong. I know, many things could have effected these ratings (what, I don't know since Akinfeev didn't do anything wrong) and this could be a one-time situation, but it seems odd. It's not that difficult for outfield players to reach a rating above 7.0 but for goalkeepers, no matter the perfomance, it seems much more harder for them to get a reasonable rating.

Have anyone experienced something similar to this?

If this is a well-known problem I'm sorry for my uncertainty.

Match stats

http://img697.imageshack.us/i/asdawdwa.jpg/

Match ratings

http://img507.imageshack.us/i/gdgsdgrd.jpg/

Real shots analysis:

http://img64.imageshack.us/i/dfef.jpg/

Got to agree.

Just look at these stats, imo he should have a better rating than that, he also won european goalkeeper of the year.

The only thing I can think of is that the defence are the thing keeping the goals out with a small contribution from Igor.

igorakinfeevprofileattr.png

More baffling and this may be unrelated to subject, i looked at Valdes of Barcelona's ratings for the past few seasons and he's been averaging around 7.4's in a few seasons despite having far less clean sheets. So I'm probably just missing something but perhaps rep plays a part for goalies or just players overall.

I usually play Real Madrid. I've had seasons with Casillas taking only 8 - 10 goals and he has ratings similar to that screenshot.

My goalkeepers only get better ratings when the team plays a short passes slow tempo control tactic and he makes 12 - 14 correct passes. Then he gets around 7.5 or 7.6.

My keeper often does nothing wrong, it is in fact the defence in front of him that fails yet he often gets a poor rating. Doesn't particularly bother me though, unless he happens to have serious confidence issues and the media start talking about it in press conferences.

To be honest I find all the player ratings to be somewhat in-accurate, that is of course unless they have done something obviously good like score two or three goals or maybe assist in the goals or something. A good example to this claim for me was when I bought a new right back, only 19 years old and never played a competitive game but had pretty good stats so I thought I'd buy him and train him up more for the future, anyway because of (yet more) injuries I found myself in a position where I had to use him. As always I watched the match in 'full' mode and I kept a very close eye on him, first half he was pretty damn good and hardly put a foot wrong, I was surprised to see his half time rating was only 6.1. Second half he was even better and pretty much had the left winger in his pocket, he didn't get caught out of position at all and won virtually every challenge he went in to, he ended with a rating of only 6.7.At first I thought it may have been something to do with me taking him off with 15 minutes to go but since this match I've noticed several players playing well above what their final rating would suggest. My keeper (just to get back more on topic) is very good and I'm well happy with him but he never seems to get anything over 6.8ish apart from one time I remember when he managed a 7.2.

Archived