Job interviews new idea

I dont know if this has been posted before i was thinking that when you get offered a job currently you just accept or decline then you have a press interview if you've accepted, in real life you would get interviewed by the board so expanding on the press conferences when getting offered a job i think you should go through an interview where you get to put forward what you expect to achieve, what direction you want the club to go, etc

isorry not good at explaining

I'd usually dismiss this as a terrible idea and "gimmicky", but with the increased presence of Chairman personality in the modern game, it could be interesting to see a job interview process that allows you to impress the Chairman in their own way. For example, Roman Abramovich would have a very different interview style and set of expectations to Bill Kenwright!

Given how terrible press conferences are, it's probably not a great idea to have SI incorporating yet another half-baked similar idea, but as I say it would be a good way to bring Chairman interaction into the game a bit more.

I made this exact topic a couple of weeks ago.

Great Idea.

The main reason I'd like it is because it would bring some justification to the board offering a totally useless uknown manager like me the job. At least then in the role playing world, I could pretend they gave it to me because I gave them great answers.

It's a good idea in principle.

However: people hate press conferences. This is the same principle.

It wouldn't be long before someone came up with a list of "right" answers, and everybody knew how to deal with this area.

A few things to consider.

It's a good idea in principle.

However: people hate press conferences. This is the same principle.

It wouldn't be long before someone came up with a list of "right" answers, and everybody knew how to deal with this area.

A few things to consider.

Not if the personalities of the chairmen were diverse enough to require multiple different correct answers depending on who he/she is. ;)

Not if the personalities of the chairmen were diverse enough to require multiple different correct answers depending on who he/she is. ;)

True, but we were told that about journalists, who seem bland, and even with players and their multiple personality attributes, there are only really three types (nervous, bad attitude, and normal).

That could also bring up the issue of chairmen reacting bizarrely...

True, but we were told that about journalists, who seem bland, and even with players and their multiple personality attributes, there are only really three types (nervous, bad attitude, and normal).

That could also bring up the issue of chairmen reacting bizarrely...

Basically, you'll get a "yes" or "no" answer from a job interview, whilst the press conferences involved "building up a relationship" which is as vague as it is craptastic with no visible end result.

You'd need a lot more personality traits though, I agree, and then have those characteristics "weighted" to the interview questions. But it could work. I'd love the press conferences binned completely though.

Archived