Country that grants citizenship quickly?

chuz

I need a country that will grant citizenship quickly, the smaller the country (at least in footballing terms), the better. I like to sign promising foreign youngsters at club level, then get them to play in my national side when they're eligible. I've been doing it with Australia but it's taking 6+ years for some players which is driving me crazy! So, any ideas?

The ideal nation would be:

League playable without having to download/change anything

European

Have a fairly hopeless national side

Citizenship and eligibility in 2-3 years

Thanks in advance!

Canada and New Zealand are three years. Chinese nationals can get Hong Kong citizenship in 2 years.

The problem is that even if you have citizenship, you have to play for a team in the country for 5 years to be officially eligible for your new nation.

I should've realised those were the obvious ones, what with affiliate clubs and all! Thanks

Are there any odd rules/exceptions I should know about? (eg. faster nationality for South Americans in Spain; extra 1 year before eligible for national side in Australia, etc)

The problem is that even if you have citizenship, you have to play for a team in the country for 5 years to be officially eligible for your new nation.

Oh I see. I thought this was a special rule specific to Australia.

Well that totally ruins my plan. Is there no way around this?

Oh I see. I thought this was a special rule specific to Australia.

Well that totally ruins my plan. Is there no way around this?

I'm not sure, you can ask in the Editors Hideaway for answers. But this was a recent rule put in place. Without editing there's no way to get around this.

It's a FIFA rule that the player has to be a RESIDENT (that is, stay in the country) for at least 5 years before being eligible to play for the national team, even though he may get CITIZENSHIP in less time than that.

Sorry for the caps. They're just for emphasis.

It's a FIFA rule that the player has to be a RESIDENT (that is, stay in the country) for at least 5 years before being eligible to play for the national team, even though he may get CITIZENSHIP in less time than that.

Sorry for the caps. They're just for emphasis.

Mans right am afaid! You can get a EU permit from 3 years being in the country, but to play for said country, most require 5 years......

Yeah the new FIFA rules makes it very hard to put a player into national side for that country!

The thign you can do is after they get their citizenship you can go to FMRTE and change their Natioanl to the country they gained it and put the second national their primary nation

So if A brazil players gets bulgarian citizenship u make him a Bulgarian with brazilian citizenship :)

Archived