I'm not that bothered to be honest as I doubt I'll play it. I generally play while me missus is watching telly but just have it auto-continuing so I don't have to pay it too much attention.

I imagine FM live while require a lot more of my attention than normal FM, and that wouldn't be good for my relationship.

I did get excited. But then they started moving the release date back further and further, and now its just "expected sometime in the summer".

I'll get hyped up about it again when its actually released.

Also, Very disappointed I was overlooked for testing, despite applying on a number of occasions. I feel I would have had a lot to offer the Beta Tests.

The info about it looks good on the FM Live website, but then again its a form of advertising.

I'm sure everyone will see what the fuss is about, then bobs your uncle, what do you know you're addicted!!

My thoughts...

Subscription-based: Hate it. - Always have, always will. It's this that guarantees I will never play FM Live.

Online play: Could be an extremely addicting concept, and a damn lot of fun. However, in typical MMORPG fashion, cheaters and joy-riders will destroy it.

I am currently beta testing, after the initial few weeks of interest I have become a bit bored of it, I have gone back to FM. FM Live! just lacks something, could be the fact there are no real teams and other people keep dropping out and restarting.

Basically if someone doesn't sign in for a few days then the AI takes over for the game, I have found the AI to be far, far better than any other managers so have become fed up of losing against a team where the manager can't even be bothered to play.

It was fun for a while, just not really worth the cash IMO.

Also - the AI uses the exact same tactics and line-up as the human manager has set, but is unable to make changes during the match (except in the case of an injury or red card) - as a result, tests have shown that managers are slightly more successful against the AI than they are against other people.

If it can't make changes, it should easier to outwit...

The hardest thing to do is not make comparisons to FM, once you get past that hurdle you surely will become an addict.

Almost all the complaint against game features has come from hardened FM players which kind of emphasises that point.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by B. Stinson:

My thoughts...

Subscription-based: Hate it. - Always have, always will. It's this that guarantees I will never play FM Live.

Online play: Could be an extremely addicting concept, and a damn lot of fun. However, in typical MMORPG fashion, cheaters and joy-riders will destroy it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One of the key tasks of beta testing has been to close as many exploits and loopholes as possible - we've naturally had a few people in the test who are happy to cheat and exploit. They perhaps made some of the most valuable contributions. They're also not in the beta any more - it won't be tolerated.

I'm testing the FM Live game. To start with I was really into it but as time went by I started playing FM08 again more. The only issue with the live game is that its real time - you cannot click continue game to get to the next match.

Archived