This has to be the most unlikely job appointment ever!!!! Meteoric rise to the top

Started with Sheffield Utd as a English/Belgian manager with automatic reputation.

I wanted to holiday the game a little and let it progress a few seasons then continue and see how the world looks.

First season finished 3rd but went out in the playoffs.

Second season and its October and I have been sacked for poor performance.

The game continued to holiday until I realised I needed to select the option to apply for jobs.

Now its July of 2013 and I decided its time to play. I had a shock to see who had offered me the job as manager...AC Milan !!

WTF!! My career had been one season at Sheffield Utd and then sacked. No clubs for a couple of years and then Milan!

2v0zcs9.png

Automatic reputation I believe is that your reputation will depend on the club that you manage. So if you manage Barcelona it will be continental, Bolton, national and so on. So if you manage one of the worst teams in a country in the bottom tier then you will be local for example.

The managerial appointments are a bit buggy IMO. I won everything with Hibs over a 2 year period, including a Euro Cup. I then let my contract expire and got the scotland job and won the european Championship. I apply for the Cardiff job, who are middle of the championship, yet they turn me down and appoint Eddie Newton! The same thing happended at a host of lower prem clubs and championship clubs, despite my success. Bizarre.

The managerial appointments are a bit buggy IMO. I won everything with Hibs over a 2 year period, including a Euro Cup. I then let my contract expire and got the scotland job and won the european Championship. I apply for the Cardiff job, who are middle of the championship, yet they turn me down and appoint Eddie Newton! The same thing happended at a host of lower prem clubs and championship clubs, despite my success. Bizarre.

Possibly due to the wage they expected to pay, you didn't fit.

Managerial appointments in the game are a bit ridiculos.5 years or more in the game and the top teams start appointing former players that just retired in their first job as manager.That, combined with the fact that newgen managers have bad attributes( an issue that perists from FM 08 at least) and SI confirmed this, leads to top teams downfall much more often than in real life.

Lol, some of your posts defending anything wrong with the game are beyond cringe-worthy.

Should post this in bugs forum.

Why do you even bother. I have never in my life posted a cringeworthy reply in my life. If you want to persist in the delusion that the game is broken please don't try to get me involved.

Wait I've had an idea why don't I put you on my ignore list? That way I can go on enjoying the forums and you can persist in your delusinoal fantasies, and we won't ever have to bother each other.

• 3 weeks later...

In your profile, what does it say that your reputation is currently? At a guess I would assume it's national, but I don't think you should be landing a plum job like Milan without a Continental reputation, unless you've done well with other teams in Italy.

In your profile, what does it say that your reputation is currently? At a guess I would assume it's national, but I don't think you should be landing a plum job like Milan without a Continental reputation, unless you've done well with other teams in Italy.

Thats is the game at the very start. I started with Sheff Utd so no jobs other than them and they sacked me. I cant check my rep anymore as I deleted the game. I thought it was just amusing. Hopefully its not a problem and was a fluke.

Archived