Players randomly putting ball out of touch

Is anyone else having this problem? Often, my players will just kick or throw a ball out of touch when they're not under any pressure and there are no players who need physio. Here, for example, is Craig Bellamy giving away a goal kick via throw-in (or, to be exact, via throw-back-out) in the last minute of a 3-3 draw.

2drvzo9.jpg

i had this last weekend.

my player had an open goal opportunity within the six yard box and one of the oppo players fell to the floor next to him. Next thing i know, my players booted the ball out for a throw in because the oppo was injured.

another situation i had was when my defender looked to be sheparding the ball out for a goal kick. then, inexplicably, he kicks the ball out just as it was rolling over the line and its a corner kick. the commentary says 'he's put that out for a corner, he's taking no chances' so the match engine must presume its a purposeful act rather than the player touching it by accident

;6151220']This happens when a player is injured and one of the teams intentionally kicks the ball out of the pitch. The other team gives the ball back due to fair play "rule".

But in the case above, the ball was already out of play and the match engine didn't say anyone was injured. He just decided to toss it into the bleachers.

But in the case above, the ball was already out of play and the match engine didn't say anyone was injured. He just decided to toss it into the bleachers.

Look at the report, at the end of the match. I think it says there who got injured. Anyway, I've seen this on extended highlights, someone gets injured, a player puts the ball out of touch and the other team gives the ball back.

This has always been an issue if you ask me. The FM match engine has way too big a tendancy for players to conceed corners and throw ins when, both defenders under no pressure, and attackers allowing the ball to go out for a throw/corner, when in real life the attacking side generally wants to keep the ball in play when in an adventageous position.

Archived