Should I just ignore the meter on the bottom of the screen?

Since no one cared to answer you...

I assume it's meant as some indicator of ball possession. But it really is pointless as possession does not equal goals.

Only reason to watch the bottom is for foul/card announcements. Otherwise have some widgets up to see whats really happening in the game and watch them.

^^ kinda what he said, except it's more than pretty colours if you read between the lines (so to speak...). The possesion bar is an average amount of possession over the last five game-minutes. If you're getting lots of possession but not getting any highlights, your players are holding the ball and playing short, safe passes without really advancing on goal. After a time, the opposition manages to wrest possesion from you and advances, thus...ready for it? .... creating a hightlight.

Take off the "Pass to Feet" sideline shout and/or the "Shorter" team passing instruction. Obviously, your guys are passing well...give them a little more rope to play with.

Erm they had 64% against Liverpool :D

really??! My god, how bad were Liverpool!

On a slightly separate issue, does anyone ever take note of the Action Screen (the 3 pairs of bars dividing the pitch up into thirds)? Much as i'm a bit of an FM stat geek, I've never found a use for that screen.

Archived