So i bought the disc...

Other than buying it a second time, no. What do you expect SI to allow? Unlimited usage on any computer from one game? If that were so they would lose a lot of sales.

I presume you can install it on more than one computer, but you would have to have the disk in to play and therefore couldn't play on each computer at the same time.

of FM11 and well its a bit annoying because my brother wants to play it on his computer but you need the disc in the drive to play, so is there anyway to install the game on a 2nd computer or no??

When you install it, if you choose to install it through Steam then you don't require the disk to be in, so either you or your brother needs to install Steam and tell FM to install using it.

Other than buying it a second time, no. What do you expect SI to allow? Unlimited usage on any computer from one game? If that were so they would lose a lot of sales.

I presume you can install it on more than one computer, but you would have to have the disk in to play and therefore couldn't play on each computer at the same time.

Any reason for jumping straight to being sarcastic & rude?

I think you'll find that SI do allow you to use the game on an unlimited number of computers, they allowed that the day they decided to make Steam one of the install options.

I personally play FM on 5 different computers, home desktop, home laptop, work desktop, work laptop, travel laptop (cheap old piece of crap!), so please don't spout crap if you don't know what you're on about.

[/RANT]

Any reason for jumping straight to being sarcastic & rude?

I think you'll find that SI do allow you to use the game on an unlimited number of computers, they allowed that the day they decided to make Steam one of the install options.

I personally play FM on 5 different computers, home desktop, home laptop, work desktop, work laptop, travel laptop (cheap old piece of crap!), so please don't spout crap if you don't know what you're on about.

[/RANT]

I wasn't being sarcastic and rude. I was being truthful. If SI allowed users to share their purchased copies with people then that would have a dramatic effect on sales. That is why computer software has authorisation codes and such like.

It's people that expect games developers to let them share their purchases that are being rude.

You're using the game yourself on those computers. The OP is talking about sharing it. If someone else wants to play the game then they should have to buy it.

I wasn't being sarcastic and rude. I was being truthful. If SI allowed users to share their purchased copies with people then that would have a dramatic effect on sales. That is why computer software has authorisation codes and such like.

It's people that expect games developers to let them share their purchases that are being rude.

You're using the game yourself on those computers. The OP is talking about sharing it. If someone else wants to play the game then they should have to buy it.

While that may technically be the right thing for people to do, if you can get down off your high horse for a minute and actually think like a normal human being you would have given the same, helpful, advice that everybody else has given.

Also, incase you didn't notice, the OP is sharing it with a single person, his brother, not his entire city.

Also, sticking exactly to what you said, what would you say somebody should do if 2 people use the same computer, and both play the game? According to what you've said already that wouldn't be allowed, you could only have a single person using the game on that computer.

Stop being all high & mighty for a minute please.

While that may technically be the right thing for people to do, if you can get down off your high horse for a minute and actually think like a normal human being you would have given the same, helpful, advice that everybody else has given.

Also, incase you didn't notice, the OP is sharing it with a single person, his brother, not his entire city.

Also, sticking exactly to what you said, what would you say somebody should do if 2 people use the same computer, and both play the game? According to what you've said already that wouldn't be allowed, you could only have a single person using the game on that computer.

Stop being all high & mighty for a minute please.

You can believe what you like about me. I just believe that games developers work hard to produce a quality product. Why should their work be shared?

If people want to play a game they should buy it. That's how I feel and nothing will change it, so I guess that's end oif discussion.

I don't know the situation but does reinstalling the game with Steam, or installing elsewhere, require a product key? If that is so Steam might not install. I don't know the situation, but I suspect, so that is why I did not suggest Steam.

Archived