Realism

So, the new FM2011 is nearly here, I just wondered, considering how the first quarter of the EPL will have already played by release date will affect how Fm11 plays, for example, Liverpool being where they are, Blackpool being where they are etc. How players like Van der Vaart and the improvements of Nani and the likes will affect the game of Fm11?

to be honest mate they worked just as hard for him last season and their stats etc will reflect it.

If you really think about this topic i cant be done. There is no way to tell whether or not Blackool will keep their form up, they could easily still get relegated! How can anyone set a team to finish top half after ther performances in a few games, then the can or worms that is 'This game is rubbish cause Blackpool keep winning and are in euro spots etc' You cant base it on a few games.

No, just wont/cant happen

I think he means for updates SI make to the db like player abilities and such being influenced by the first quarter of this season

No. That depends upon the performances ovr the LAST TWO seasons.

Sure, we cant expect Blackpool to finish in the top 10 or something. I just wondered if they would put something like, that they can cause a shock against the bigger teams etc.. example scoring 6 against newcastle and beating liverpool. With Torres being really unhappy (imo) and the internal factors affecting Liverpool will leave them laundering in the bottom half of the table is plausible considering how it is panning, but yet before the season started nobody will every expect this to happen in a million years.

Sure, we cant expect Blackpool to finish in the top 10 or something. I just wondered if they would put something like, that they can cause a shock against the bigger teams etc.. example scoring 6 against newcastle and beating liverpool. With Torres being really unhappy (imo) and the internal factors affecting Liverpool will leave them laundering in the bottom half of the table is plausible considering how it is panning, but yet before the season started nobody will every expect this to happen in a million years.

exactly, researchers need to look at it from the point of view before the season begins. The team i did this year for example, a player became the clubs youngest ever goal scorer in the first game of the season, but it isnt in there cause it happened in the 'future' Basically the info is wrong but is correct at the time if you follow?

Ishu it doesnt depend on the last 2 seasons, it depends on the player in general, if a player has a fantastic season he may get a slight increase, or visa-versa, but it isnt just dependant on 2 seasons worth of history.

Oh. OK. Thanks.

The examples in the OP aren't the best anyway. Van Der Vaart is one of the best players in FM10, Nani is no better this season than last. Only 7 matches have been played, so the league table isn't worth much, and besides, Blackpool are only four points above Liverpool, and in neither case is that down to player ability.

Don't really get the point.

Players are based on stats. Blackpool players in real life are mainly championship ability players. Just like Hull players were couple seasons back...Football Manager will reflect that. Holloway however has got a great team spirit, work ethic and players who know how to play the system they do and it works for them. If you are Blackpool on FM, if you find the right tactic and play to a game plan, I'm sure you could shock teams too.

I was Wolves on Football Manager last year, I'm no amazing player but I beat Liverpool, Arsenal first season and drew with United away. I finished around mid-table and I'm not usually great on football manager but it's just an example.

Archived