How to stop your keeper from playing hoofball?

I just watched a couple of full length matches and my keepers distribution is basically a 120 yard clearance. On tactics its set to quick throw, his passing on shortest creative freedom low. His kicking is 15 but apparently that means number of tons of pressure per square inch. 3 or 4 times every match he plays it 30 yards ahead of my striker and right into the opp keepers gloves.

I have tried everything, even changing my whole team's tactics like tempo down to slow, no counter attacks.

Can anyone help?

Kicking is an indication of distance rather than accuracy.

Thats a problem then. So I should buy a keeper with lower kicking? I didn't think it could be such a disability!

I'll try defender collect then, though I'd be happy if he could just mediate it somehow.

Thats a problem then. So I should buy a keeper with lower kicking? I didn't think it could be such a disability!

I'll try defender collect then, though I'd be happy if he could just mediate it somehow.

You could lengthen your pitch as an alternative option.

Seriously though if you set low passing range for your keeper but no-one in it he has no option but to "hoof" the ball.

That would just mean he couldn't kick it far, it wouldn't stop him trying!

Have the goalkeepers passing to short and as SCIAG has said make sure under the distribution setting it is set to defender collect. If you have those settings then the keepes will play it short to you CB's pretty much every time - or my keeper does anyway - then again I do have a sweeper!!! lol

The above will sort it though - with a sweeper or not.

Yes as mentioned, short passing, defender collect, ensure at least one player stays back. Using basically these settings my keeper mostly gives the ball short to a CB about 30 yards to a FB or a punt to the half way line if all players are out of position (or he sees an opportunity). Very rarely do I see a long ball going up the field.

Yeah i have his passing on the shortest level. I will try clear to flanks and a longer pitch next season.

I dont mind long balls at all but theyre literaly keeper to keeper.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I think a change of keeper might help as well!

Archived