Admin Points

If a team goes into administration, and then gets relegated, will they get a number of points deducted from them the following season? or is the game not capable of doing that?

I dont think the game does it but I know what your on about I think. Irl there is a deadline I think from when the points get taken off a team that goes in to administration. If before one date they get deducted that season and if they go into administration after that date they get taken off at the start of next season. I think thats how it works.

If a team goes into administration, and then gets relegated, will they get a number of points deducted from them the following season? or is the game not capable of doing that?

Pretty sure that once you go into administration then the points are deducted immediately not when your relegated and they can only be deducted once. As far as I can remember Portsmouth had their points deducted immediately and thats pretty much what guaranteed their relegation from the premiership.

Also I think the points deducted depend on what league your in. Its 10 for the Premiership and 9 for the other English leagues I think. If you get deducted more points than this then its generally because you've broke the rules in some other way.

It varies I think trekman. I was reading on the BBC 606 boards the Porstmouth one and they were saying something about a date in March which meant they got the points deducted straight away. Where as Southampton were after so they got theirs deducted for the next season. Its 9 points for the Premiership and 10 points deducted for the Football League. However that is the guideline and it can vary I thinkas to what the FA, FL decide.

i took over burnley in the prem and i was 4th,,,,but the previous manager had left the club in a financial mess, sure enough the club went into administation,,i was docked 9 pts there and then so i fell about 6 places which meant i couldnt finish in the champions league

Regarding whether or not the deduction is immediate, I think it depends on how late in the season it is. The reason being that a team could be mathematically safe and then go into admin therefore not really being punished at all.

@ trekman

From what I remember it depends on the finishing position in the league. If the club would go down with out the penalty then the -points come into play the next season. If the club would stay up that season the -points are added only if it would relegate them. Though I may be wrong and it's nearly 4am and I am not able to read the rules clearly at the moment.

Pretty sure that once you go into administration then the points are deducted immediately not when your relegated and they can only be deducted once. As far as I can remember Portsmouth had their points deducted immediately and thats pretty much what guaranteed their relegation from the premiership.

Also I think the points deducted depend on what league your in. Its 10 for the Premiership and 9 for the other English leagues I think. If you get deducted more points than this then its generally because you've broke the rules in some other way.

It can happen on my save Portsmouth went into Administration, and it said underneath the League Table "10 points to be deducted from Portsmouth at the end of the season, if not already relegated".

They were in the Championship Play Offs right untill the end of the season, but after their final game of the season their 10 points were deducted, and they dropped out of the play offs. :D

So i assume if they were already relegated before the point deduction, they would have started the next season on -10 points...

I think that the team needs to go into administration near the end of the season for this to happen on FM.

As Leeds United used this to their advantage in real life, going into adminstration right near the end of the season, after they were already mathmatically relegated.

They were in debt months before this, but did not go into administration as they would have been deducted points and would have surely been relegated.

But as soon as they were relegated they went into administration and happily took the points deduction as they were already relegared.

So after Leeds did this, the Football League changed the rule so that no other team could take advantage of it.

So if a team goes into administration after a certian point of the season and were then relegated, the points deduction would be carried over to the following season.

Archived