Big clubs fail to train youngsters

Looking threw a thew big clubs to see what players got released at end of season i was dissapointed to see after 6 years at a big club these players didnt improve or even become decent players.. i checked using Genie scout to see what there CA and PA were. these players were around 75 for CA with a PA of 150 aged around 21..

Considering these players were signed for fee's of around 2 million im very suprised to see so many of them fail.. I think regens that start with a low CA dont ever make the grade it seems?

it all ways annoy me......im chelsea fan and for FM 8,9 and 10... Jack Cork, Patrick van Aanholt, Jeffrey Bruma, Sam Hutchinson are all good players and bright futures but in the game they always end up in league 1,2 in 3 seasons ..... Gaël Kakuta and Miroslav Stoch are top class youngsters but in the game both are very poor and never develop into good players.....

Yeah it is irritating, what I usually try to do is when they are too young to loan out tutor them, let them play in less important matches and as soon as they are old enough to go on loan send them out.

To get the best team to loan to I offer my prospects to any team with a 0% wage and a recall clause.

When offers are made for the player I check the teams current players in their position, just to make sure the youngster will play most games and I check their training facilities, I don't know how helpful checking the training facilities are but I still check it out.

This tactics isn't full proof, I have done it in the past with 3 great prospects, 2 of them became first team players in my team, the other I had to release as he didn't meet the standard.

At Liverpool, i have to buy talented youngsters as my youth coaches can not develop them to be good enough for the first team , but even most of these do not develop to be any good for the first team and end up being sold. I have good coaches and tend to make sure my good prospects get Loan first team football with championship teams for them to progress but it is not enough.

it all ways annoy me......im chelsea fan and for FM 8,9 and 10... Jack Cork, Patrick van Aanholt, Jeffrey Bruma, Sam Hutchinson are all good players and bright futures but in the game they always end up in league 1,2 in 3 seasons ..... Gaël Kakuta and Miroslav Stoch are top class youngsters but in the game both are very poor and never develop into good players.....

I'm managing Derby in the Premier League in the 2018/19 season. Jack Cork is my captain and has turned out to be a top quality player.

Yeah, they do seem pretty bad at developing some prospects, yet it seems like some players just never develop even if they have some first team opportunities and are tutored by a good developed player. Some do develop, but many dont. I was rather sad to see a scottish striker I didn't bother buying in my st mirren save languishing and only achieving a tiny amount of his potential. Is why I try to buy up all the talent i can and develop it myself, is also why on my st mirren save scotland won the world up, and i get criticised every time I select a squad with mostly St mirren players, as well, I own most of the scottish talent ;p.

Might I just suggest that most top English clubs don't actually produce that many players who are capable of playing first team football, which might explain why a lot of your youngsters aren't making the grade. Spurs for example have produced only Ledley King who has gone on to establish himself in the side. On my previous save I went 6 seasons before I had a regen from my academy capable of playing for my first team, and even then he was one of the lesser players, I only kept him because he was HG for the champions league.

It does seem that way for youngsters in england. They don't really get a high PA until they have shown some potential when playing with the first team....but then again its all down to scouting for the game.

Archived