Signing U-18 players?

My scenario: playing as Toronto FC (MLS) in 2015, recently scouted a few promising players in Brazil with my coaches.

The problem: one of the players that my coach recommended is 15, with the potential to play at/exceed the ability of my current starter. The player is valued at $1 million, and a bid of $800,000 is enough to make his club happy. However, because of Brazilian rules the player isn't eligible to join my club until 2018, when he's 18...meanwhile the player wants a contract that runs through 2017. How does that work? I'd pay money to sign a player that I couldn't play??? Would I be paying his wages for 2 years at his current club only to have him possibly sign for another team after my contract? I've gone through the various teams in the Brazilian State Championship and looked for good youth players and noticed that quite a few 15 year old's already have transfers lined up for European clubs...

Any thoughts/advice?

South American players can't leave until they are 18 unless they have a second nationality.

The ones moving to Europe now have a second nationality of Spanish/Portugese/Italian etc whilst others agree transfers and move when they turn 18.

You don't pay their wages until they join you.

South American players can't leave until they are 18 unless they have a second nationality.

The ones moving to Europe now have a second nationality of Spanish/Portugese/Italian etc whilst others agree transfers and move when they turn 18.

You don't pay their wages until they join you.

Even if they have second nationality they shouldn't be able to move (and they cannot in my game) as it's a FIFA rule that states U18's cannot move countries, unless they are with a team based within the EU and then they can only move to another EU side, it hasn't nothing to do with a players nationality. So for example if a 16yo English player was signed to a Brazilian side he wouldn't be able to move to England until he was 18, but a Brazilian 16yo playing in Italy would be able to move to England straight away, but would have to wait until he was 18 to go to Brazil.

Even if they have second nationality they shouldn't be able to move (and they cannot in my game) as it's a FIFA rule that states U18's cannot move countries, unless they are with a team based within the EU and then they can only move to another EU side, it hasn't nothing to do with a players nationality. So for example if a 16yo English player was signed to a Brazilian side he wouldn't be able to move to England until he was 18, but a Brazilian 16yo playing in Italy would be able to move to England straight away, but would have to wait until he was 18 to go to Brazil.

Here is the thread where I signed a 14yo from Brazil: Jose

He was born in Brazil, came through the youth system at Internacional and then signed by me for Roma for £4.2m.

He moved at the next transfer window at the age of 15.

The only reason I can see is that he had a second nationality of Italian and is eligible to play for both Brazil & Italy unless you can see anything else.

I would sugguest paying the money and getting him now. Even if you have to wait two, three, four years, you're guarenteed him. Whereas if you wait until you can sign him, another team may come in and get the transfer. On top of that, any additional training and improvements will benefit you without you having to do the training.

Here is the thread where I signed a 14yo from Brazil: Jose

He was born in Brazil, came through the youth system at Internacional and then signed by me for Roma for £4.2m.

He moved at the next transfer window at the age of 15.

The only reason I can see is that he had a second nationality of Italian and is eligible to play for both Brazil & Italy unless you can see anything else.

He shouldn't have been able to, is it the same for every U18 in your game or just ones with Italian Nationality? Playing in England I have to wait until players based outside of the EU turn 18 even if they have an EU or British Second Nationality. (The only exceptation was a Serbian playing in Switzerland but the game treates Switzerland as an EU Nation). They're not one of your Feeder clubs are they?

He shouldn't have been able to, is it the same for every U18 in your game or just ones with Italian Nationality? Playing in England I have to wait until players based outside of the EU turn 18 even if they have an EU or British Second Nationality. (The only exceptation was a Serbian playing in Switzerland but the game treates Switzerland as an EU Nation). They're not one of your Feeder clubs are they?

Not a feeder club and after doing some testing its only those with Italian second nationality that will move before they are 18 (I'm Roma btw). I tested some with Spanish and Portugese second nationality and they don't move until they are 18 like those with no second nationality.

Archived