25 Man Squad Problems

Apologes in case this has already been raised but i did search but could not find it...

Basically, i gathered the rules for the new 25 man squad thing is that you can have as many H/G under 21's as poss(outside the 25 registered) but i have bought Jack Rodwell for Fulham and the only way it will let me play him is if i include him in the 25 or if its a Cup match..... Vlad Weiss is another example.

Is this a mistake or am i not getting the rules for this.????

Thanks in advance...

I like to play with a big squad of players, so this rule really sucks for me. Be intresting how teams cope this season.

not really. you can have as many under 21s as you want without registering. which is good and bad at the same time. because it will still mean big clubs buy the decent youth prospects and they wont play.

not really. you can have as many under 21s as you want without registering. which is good and bad at the same time. because it will still mean big clubs buy the decent youth prospects and they wont play.

Thanks for replies...

This is the problem, i thought you could have as many under 21's as you want outside the 25 registered but FM is making me register Jack Rodwell and Vlad Weiss or it won't let me play them...????

Thanks for replies...

This is the problem, i thought you could have as many under 21's as you want outside the 25 registered but FM is making me register Jack Rodwell and Vlad Weiss or it won't let me play them...????

the reason for this is you have to have 4 trained by club and 8 trained in england.

EDIT: after you have registered your 4 and 8 you can have as many under 21s although i wouldnt say its advisable.

Thanks for replies...

You can. You're obviously doing something wrong, or you've signed them outside the window, or they turn 21 before the date specified. Or you've encountered a bug, in which case, to the bug forum my friend.

You can. You're obviously doing something wrong, or you've signed them outside the window, or they turn 21 before the date specified. Or you've encountered a bug, in which case, to the bug forum my friend.

no not really in the sqaud the selection he has to have 4 and 8 and if he doesnt have the 8 then he cant proceed.

the reason for this is you have to have 4 trained by club and 8 trained in england.

EDIT: after you have registered your 4 and 8 you can have as many under 21s although i wouldnt say its advisable.

I am registering 4 and 8 as above but if i do not include Jack Rodwell in the 4 and 8 or 25. I should be still be able him as he is under 25 should i not????

Rodwell should be playable withut registering until the 2013/2014 season

Weiss will only be eligible without registering until the 2011/2012 season

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~1797582,00.html

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2094341,00.html

So if your game isn't matching up then either it is a bug or the 'under 21' eligibility rules have changed between the time it was coded for FM10 and the date of the second article above.

no not really in the sqaud the selection he has to have 4 and 8 and if he doesnt have the 8 then he cant proceed.

Not true. You just can't pick a full squad of 25 if you don't have enough of the 4 and 8. If you only have 2 and 6, for example, then the max number of players you can pick is 23 and it will let you confirm your squad with the 2 spaces left unfilled.

Not true. You just can't pick a full squad of 25 if you don't have enough of the 4 and 8. If you only have 2 and 6, for example, then the max number of players you can pick is 23 and it will let you confirm your squad with the 2 spaces left unfilled.

Exactly. I honestly don't know what the OP has done. All very strange.

hmm. could be why then sometimes because things get changed around it messes the rules up. could be wrong though so dont hold it against me but like i said it could be because you are playing on an edited database.

This is the most likely answer.

Archived