Notification of other teams bidding for players on my shortlist

I'm fairly new to this football manager malarkey, but I have a question. Yesterday, I sent my scout off on a scouting missing, and three of the people he recommended looked pretty handy and at a reasonable price (I'm playing Notts County, so 'reasonable price' actually means pretty cheap!). I added them to my shortlist. Other teams were interested for all three, but no bids had been made as yet. I wanted a bit of time to weigh up my options, and I wasn't in a transfer phase in the season, so I didn't make a bid, just put them on the shortlist so I could go back once the transfer stage opened.

Come 1st Jan, all three players had been purchased by other teams. Is there any reason I didn't get notification that a team had put a bid in on a player on my shortlist? Thinking about it, I've never had notification of this type. Is there some way I can turn it on? I know there's an option when making a bid for it to be private, but surely the AI doesn't use this for every single transfer?

well, i don't think that you would be notified in real life would you? or would you have spies in all the boardrooms in the world? ;)

and most transfer negotiations would probably be in private i think in real life, and a leak would come through the media only.

in fact i think the game may reflect this in that you may get a little news item but obviously they all pile up and i don't think anyone reads through all the news items as thouroughly as the messages.

You know, I had the exact same problem for absolutely ages! It's not in the Transfer Centre. Instead, there's a tab along the top called 'Search' or some such and it's accessable through that.

And CMdan - quite probably not, no; however, the game is 'kind' enough to state when you go into a players profile whether they are subject to a transfer offer. I could get around the problem by visiting my short list every game-day and looking to see if anybody had a little 'bid' icon next to their name, but really, that's a tremendous waste of time, to do it every day! All I'm asking really is a better way to access the information that already exists and is available in-game.

It should definitely notify you when a bid has been made if they are on your shortist.

Have a look on the player profile and see if the star in the top left hand corner is yellow. If not, click it and make it yellow. Then go to your subscriptions screen, click on the 'players' tab, and there are tick boxes in that tab which you can select which will give you a message in your inbox if the play has been bidded for.

I was playing 10.0 - since I only recently got the game I figured I'd play it as it is and update it later if I liked it. I have now updated and sure enough I'm getting the messages - good times. But oh my god, the injuries! At one point last night I was having to put people from my U18's on the pitch just to field 11 players, let alone subs. 15 injured players at the same time at one point. Bad times.

I was playing 10.0 - since I only recently got the game I figured I'd play it as it is and update it later if I liked it. I have now updated and sure enough I'm getting the messages - good times. But oh my god, the injuries! At one point last night I was having to put people from my U18's on the pitch just to field 11 players, let alone subs. 15 injured players at the same time at one point. Bad times.

Do a search for injuries or injury and it will show you what you are doing wrong.

I did do, and found a load of people bitching at each other :p

While there were some pointers, actually most of them were common sense things that I was doing anyway (not pushing players too hard with tactics/teamtalks/training etc) so it didn't really help. After the spat of horrible injuries had healed up though, injury levels returned to normal, though obviously there were times when I had nobody injured and times where I had a few more. I didn't change anything. I can only assume it was down to a string of really bad RNG results.

Archived