Consortium, help me out will ya!

Right, I'm playing FM10 patch 10.3.

I've holiday'd all the way to the 8th of July of 2024, my 30th birthday. I takeover as my local Team Blyth Spartans still in the BSN. First season I won the league by 2 points. Second season BSP, finished 3rd got beat in play-off semi's 4-2 by Harrogate. Third Season, Consortium took over. I though right this must mean a big transfer and wage budget, how wrong I was everything remained the same, so I had no cash injection. During the 3rd season I got to the FA Cup 4th Round after a 1-0 win against EPL side Newcastle the. I got knocked out 1-0 at home to Liverpool.this made me 550k, anyways in the league I finished 5th and got beat in the playoff semis again this time 2-1 by southport. Fourth Season, got given 40k for transfers and £800 p/w more on wages but that must of came out of my FA Cup money? Anyway I finished second and won the playoff final 4-1 against Redditch! Fifth season starting life out in league two, and the transfer budget remained the same at 40k still using up my cup money, but when will my consortium step in to give me £££ to spend and push for promotion?

There is no garuantee that new owners will provide more cash.

In one of my FM09 Rangers saves the Chairman sold the club to Martin Bain (director of football at the club) and he didnt increase my budget at all, i had to earn the cash i was given every year by hosting glamour friendlies and doing well in Europe.

Actually now that i think of it, Bain didnt even give me a cut of the Champions League group stage money when my previous chairmian would always allow me extra funds around that time.

Consortium's = No, they tend to sack you and replace you with a manager that isn't as good as you.

Not always but the threat will be mentioned. In my game Betis were taken over by a consortium, 2 weeks after I did the League CL double, and they kept me hanging for a month without a budget while threatening to sack me and put Martin Petrov in charge.

2 months later they increased my transfer kitty from £96m to £148m.

New Chairmen, whether they be consortiums, tycoons or directors hardly ever sack you. It's simply a 'statement' that comes with every takeover and has given rise to many, many panic threads in GD :D

Just be patient with the consortium and see how they pan out.

even tycoons are variant on what they plough in. for example on my current game a team got took over by a tycoon recently. i saved the game and then took over the team just to be nosey and found there was only 11m to spend on new players.

looked at another team in a different save and they spent 100m on players in 1 window and still had budget. overall though regardless of what they offer, tycoons are the ones you want if you want to buy players.

i would bet more of us on here have had takeovers which havent resulted in any increases in transfer budgets though

Archived