Something annoying about training positions.

On my game in 2032, I'm spurs. And after winning the league last season, by pipping my former Liverpool team to 1st (they'd won 10 years in a row). I then signed a couple of players from them, who I'd initially signed as teenagers 10 years ago for Liverpool.

As soon as I had them I retrained positions. One who was a Striker and AMC, I trained for the RW. Another, a RB/RW, I trained for LB. The Striker played on the RW for 6 of my 8 years, and the RB played LB fairly regularly. I left them in 2029. And clearly they have stopped training them in those positions. As I've signed them and they've lost ALL ability in those roles. I'm retraining them again, but frankly, they've been learning those positions for half their career, they would not just forget how to play there!

Positional training is done all wrong - essentially over time without training the positions will tend towards those assigned at the start of his career (i.e. in the database for a real player, or his generated positions for a regen) - irregardless of circumstance. If you like, if you retrain a player, you make his positions "wrong" and without retraining, the game will "fix" it by returning it to the start.

I wrote a nice long post here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=187285

Positional training is done all wrong - essentially over time without training the positions will tend towards those assigned at the start of his career (i.e. in the database for a real player, or his generated positions for a regen) - irregardless of circumstance. If you like, if you retrain a player, you make his positions "wrong" and without retraining, the game will "fix" it by returning it to the start.

I wrote a nice long post here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=187285

The return of Word of the Day! "irregardless" :D

Classic.

A simple system and one that I hope is fixed in the next FM.

Players should be able to learn a position purely from playing it, not just training.

They should also 'lose' a position if they don't play it very often.

Take Alan Smith for example. Converted to a midfielder. His former position of 'striker' he is no longer 'natural' at in the database.

AFAIK it was ever thus.

But only at some point did they include two sets of player position info saved in the DB.. hence it was referred as 'new' and 'old' in scouting apps at least for a while.

Archived