Lower League Advice

I just started a new game with Sutton Utd and they are in the Isthmian Premier League.

I have never managed a team in such a low division,so do you have any advice?

I mean,good players to buy/loan,some good staff and anything else you think that would help me.

My current transfer budget is 41.000 £.

Thanks for any help :)

I just started a new game with Sutton Utd and they are in the Isthmian Premier League.

I have never managed a team in such a low division,so do you have any advice?

I mean,good players to buy/loan,some good staff and anything else you think that would help me.

My current transfer budget is 41.000 £.

Thanks for any help :)

£41,000 budget in ILP? Jeez, you've got it easy. I'm Enfield Town in Isthmian D1N with no budget!

Play a rigid 4-4-2 and look towards physical players as technique is non existent at that level...

Thomas Kuchar

Roy Van De Mije

Both outstanding midfielders on free transfers who are way way way better than anything you will find in the BSP attributes wise.

Janez Resnik another free who will get you an average of 1 goal per game.

Wesley Barnard another free goalie who is way better than anyone else in tier 7

Thomas Kuchar

Roy Van De Mije

Both outstanding midfielders on free transfers who are way way way better than anything you will find in the BSP attributes wise.

Janez Resnik another free who will get you an average of 1 goal per game.

Wesley Barnard another free goalie who is way better than anyone else in tier 7

Too easy if you use foreigners. Especially if you consider IRL they are hardly going to come from another town just for £100 a week p/t, never mind different countries :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help but unfortunatelly I couldnt find any of those players except Barnard:(.Nice find by the way.:thup:

Barnard asked for 110£ per week and he is from South Africa

Ah, I use a v large database with every league loaded. They (the missing players) and loads of other great foreigners are "in" in such a configuration.

Also try "Bryan Little" a scottish free, also amazing attributes, he should probably even be in a small DB (not checked that though)

Too easy if you use foreigners. Especially if you consider IRL they are hardly going to come from another town just for £100 a week p/t, never mind different countries :rolleyes:

That's the beauty of FM though :D I have seen people post that Ronaldinho will go to places like Leicester.

I found Little.Great player!

Unfortunatelly Barnard preffered Morton rather than me:mad:

He never refused me. Do you 'remove from shortlist' once you have bidded for any players, as it stops a lot bidding.

Also maybe team rep has something to do with it too, I use FC United of Manchester in the Northern Premier Premier, maybe they have a higher rep than your team.

Also try Ruari Maclennan, another Scottish free with v nice attributes.

I didnt removed him from shortlist,maybe thats it.

And the good news,I signed Bryan Little.

I'm going to check out this guy too,thank you

Pleased to have helped :)

Could give a lot more players, but they probably won't be in your DB :(

Dale Stephens is though, he can be got on a loan from Oldham, and since he is on a 12 mth contract, you should be able to sign him permanently later on.

That's the beauty of FM though :D I have seen people post that Ronaldinho will go to places like Leicester.

I got FC United to be Premiership/Champions League/FA Cup treble winners by 2020, with back to back promotions. It's not the beauty, its exploitation. And THAT was easy only using UK based players until I reached League Two and turning proffessional, never mind 'proper' foreigners...

Now I'm Enfield Town I only sign English players, and I'll only sign a foreigner (including Scot/Welsh/Irish) if he is playing for a team in the same league or has played in the same league until recently - its the only way to keep it realistic. Like I said, people aren't going to come from miles away or other countries and uproot their family for £100 a week. And I'd rather struggle to get success now, after becoming bored of my FCUM save because it was too easy and unrealistic, and therefore no fun...

I got FC United to be Premiership/Champions League/FA Cup treble winners by 2020, with back to back promotions. It's not the beauty, its exploitation. And THAT was easy only using UK based players until I reached League Two and turning proffessional, never mind 'proper' foreigners...

Now I'm Enfield Town I only sign English players, and I'll only sign a foreigner (including Scot/Welsh/Irish) if he is playing for a team in the same league or has played in the same league until recently - its the only way to keep it realistic. Like I said, people aren't going to come from miles away or other countries and uproot their family for £100 a week. And I'd rather struggle to get success now, after becoming bored of my FCUM save because it was too easy and unrealistic, and therefore no fun...

Must admit, " that " is a great way you play the game :thup:

Is more like IRL

And dispels any need to include a " hard mode "

(A person just needs to be "hard" on themself)

basically get as many loans as possible, and you have to spent quite a bit of time seraching for players.

at that level lets say if i spend 18 hours on a season, i spend 6 of those hours looking for gems. most guranteed way of having a stellar team is to do that.

basically get as many loans as possible, and you have to spent quite a bit of time seraching for players.

at that level lets say if i spend 18 hours on a season, i spend 6 of those hours looking for gems. most guranteed way of having a stellar team is to do that.

I also find that that (searching for players) is the longest part of a season.

Pleased to have helped :)

Could give a lot more players, but they probably won't be in your DB :(

Dale Stephens is though, he can be got on a loan from Oldham, and since he is on a 12 mth contract, you should be able to sign him permanently later on.

The strange thing is that I have a Large database!

If you dont have a problem thought,I would appreciate any suggestions for free players:D

Dale Stephens is good,but oldham want 83k for him.Is he worth it?

If you need a striker try Ryan Whitehurst from Eastwood. I'm playing as Eastwood and he is amazing! Also if you can get William Grigg from Walsall very good striker as well. Since you have cash I recommend Preston Zimmerman fantastic striker, he will get you goals. Also try Vincenzo Bernardo.

The strange thing is that I have a Large database!

If you dont have a problem thought,I would appreciate any suggestions for free players:D

Dale Stephens is good,but oldham want 83k for him.Is he worth it?

You don't need to buy him, just loan him.

he only has 12 months left on his contract, and after his contract expires he will prob sign for you for free

Yes, try to bring in old players with expired contracts. Retiring compatriots living in foreign countries can be convinced to come back to the motherland... Someone said physical players, yes. Also, pay special attention to the training program which can make a huge difference in your team performance.

Archived