Squad Number 46 in Spain?!

I brought back Gai Assulin from loan at feeder club Fulham as he wasn't getting a game there. I'd previously given him the #14 shirt at Barca. Playing second leg of Spainish Cup and I'm 4-1 up, so I go with the kids. Usually the young players with no squad number are assigned 26, 27, 28, 29 etc when picked for the first team as I have already assigned 1-25.... So why does Assulin get the #46? I don't understand! Would love to be able to assign my young players proper numbers outside the 25, remember Messi wearing #31?! Cheers

Never managed a Spanish team but it's certainly true for English squads that if you Autonumber at the start of a season it assigns numbers to all players, including your reserves. I guess it must be that all the numbers up to 46 have been assigned in this way. is that a plausible answer ?

Never managed a Spanish team but it's certainly true for English squads that if you Autonumber at the start of a season it assigns numbers to all players, including your reserves. I guess it must be that all the numbers up to 46 have been assigned in this way. is that a plausible answer ?

No because in Spain you can only register 25 players and their numbers are 1-25.

Was the player in question registered for the B-team? If yes, what squad number does he have? If it's 21, then 25+21=46 :D

he is young, i mean he is not more than 19. All players who are registered on a team and are older than 19 need a squad number(1-25). But young players, in spain (<19), like in england (<21), dont need a squad number, but in each match they wear a squad number, dont mind what number..

see what number wear messi when years ago..

messi-pic-14.jpg

No because in Spain you can only register 25 players and their numbers are 1-25.

Was the player in question registered for the B-team? If yes, what squad number does he have? If it's 21, then 25+21=46 :D

I think I gave him the 21 before he was loaned out. If this is the answer then I salute you. I'm going to test it out with another player!

he is young, i mean he is not more than 19. All players who are registered on a team and are older than 19 need a squad number(1-25). But young players, in spain (<19), like in england (<21), dont need a squad number, but in each match they wear a squad number, dont mind what number..

see what number wear messi when years ago..

messi-pic-14.jpg

Yeah mate, I said that in my opening post. Normally in the game the players without numbers are auto assigned 26, 27, 28 etc on a game by game basis. I just want to know why Assulin was given such a random high number!

Archived