Tutoring effects

It's widely known that players with high levels of determination are the best tutors. Bearing this in mind, when I tutor players, I check for developments in their determination attribute, which is crucial for the development of their other attributes.

My question is, is determination the ONLY thing that tutoring develops? I read something about PPMs but I'm not sure about that. Should I expect a boost in a tutored player's determination only, or other aspects develop as well, as the player is being tutored?

Not knowing the answer to my question, my opinion is that tutoring should improve other mental attributes, like work rate, bravery, decisions and aggression, but definitely not PPMs, since those are a specific player "trademarks" and every player has his style.

EDIT: This should be at the Tactics & Training section, sorry.

It's widely known that players with high levels of determination are the best tutors. Bearing this in mind, when I tutor players, I check for developments in their determination attribute, which is crucial for the development of their other attributes.

My question is, is determination the ONLY thing that tutoring develops? I read something about PPMs but I'm not sure about that. Should I expect a boost in a tutored player's determination only, or other aspects develop as well, as the player is being tutored?

Not knowing the answer to my question, my opinion is that tutoring should improve other mental attributes, like work rate, bravery, decisions and aggression, but definitely not PPMs, since those are a specific player "trademarks" and every player has his style.

EDIT: This should be at the Tactics & Training section, sorry.

No, also the hidden attributes Sportsmanship, Temperament, Ambition, Loyalty, Consistency etc. are affected. But as far as I know, the only visible stat is Determination. The others, you would have to use an external program for specifics, or check if his personality changes. F.x. if he changes from Balanced to Fairly Ambitious, you can be sure that his Ambition stat went up.

Well for the PPM, you are asking the youngster to adapt the style of the tutor both on and off the pitch, so it makes sense that he would take on some/all of his PPMs too.

He's right :thup:

Also worth remembering, that those attributes can rise and fall. Asking someone like Robinho to tutor your youth player could actually make things worse if your youth player already had high professionalism etc, his attributes could fall.

He's right :thup:

Also worth remembering, that those attributes can rise and fall. Asking someone like Robinho to tutor your youth player could actually make things worse if your youth player already had high professionalism etc, his attributes could fall.

That is a bloody good point to remember, always check your tutors personality.

There is a list somewhere buried in the forum of all the different personalities and what hidden attributes are required to get them. It gives a good insight into what you are actually effecting.

Tutoring also fosters a relationship between the two players, this can be love or hate or somewhere in between. Obviously a good tutoring session will get the players on each others favoured personal list. This is a benefit in the game I believe, although I have no idea if it affects (effects?) the match engine.

No, also the hidden attributes Sportsmanship, Temperament, Ambition, Loyalty, Consistency etc. are affected. But as far as I know, the only visible stat is Determination. The others, you would have to use an external program for specifics, or check if his personality changes. F.x. if he changes from Balanced to Fairly Ambitious, you can be sure that his Ambition stat went up.

Well for the PPM, you are asking the youngster to adapt the style of the tutor both on and off the pitch, so it makes sense that he would take on some/all of his PPMs too.

I don't believe consistency is affected by tutoring. To my knowledge only determination, sportsmanship, loyalty, adaptability, ambition, professionalism, temperament, controversy and pressure is affected by tutoring. That and PPMs.

Also keep in mind that professionalism is by far the most important attribute to teach to your young players. With regards to improving CA, high ambition is only a slight bonus. In fact, if you're a low level manager and want to keep your good players, low ambition might even be preferable.

Archived