National Pool

Is there an easy way to tell which players are in the national pool when you search for players? Ie, without having to right-click on each player and check whether the link says add to or remove?

This would be quite useful when trying to find new players to add to the pool, especially young ones.

the way i did it when i took over was to completely empty the national pool (i found there were too many bad players in it).

i then included the most obvious players to it and in time kept on adding those with potential, etc.

those who were no longer on my plans i removed them from the pool, to keep it updated and clean.

Is there an easy way to tell which players are in the national pool when you search for players? Ie, without having to right-click on each player and check whether the link says add to or remove?

This would be quite useful when trying to find new players to add to the pool, especially young ones.

You could shortlist you national pool and then they should be highlighted (as they are on a shortlist) when you search through players who are eligible for your country.

That's a decent workaround I guess. Except I get tons of news messages about bids and such.

Wish there it was visible somewhere, like U19, U21, Main.

Oh well. Will probably get fired soon anyway. Managing Brazil and am now Insecure after two draws and 24 wins. Go figure :(

Oh well. Will probably get fired soon anyway. Managing Brazil and am now Insecure after two draws and 24 wins. Go figure :(

The Brazil job has to be one of the toughest on fm, i got offered it on my liverpool save but i turned it down but then got offered it 3 months later. The guy they hored in that three months played three friendlies and got two losses and a win so he was fired.

Then they hired Sylvinho after i turned them down a second time and he won the 2014 world cup the next year before losing in the semi-finals of the copa america the following year and he got sacked.

It's pretty crazy. One loss, at least in a tournament, and you're on our yer arse. I got the job during the World Cup, after a draw and a loss there for the former guy. They expect you to win every single match and every tournament. If you don't, you're under threat or without a job. Quite absurd I must say. Must be the most demanding fans and FA in the game. But I guess it sort of reflects real life.

Yep Brazil is the most demanding team. Took them over in the World Cup after the manager got fired mid tournament. After winning I set up friendlies against weak teams. The next summer was the Copa America so for the last few games before it I put in some games against decent teams so even if I drew one or two I'd be good with the board. Won the Copa and retired after to save myself from getting sacked should I mess up in future. Two trophies in two years seems good enough IMO. Now with Spain trying to qualify for the World Cup. My first time qualifying a team. :)

I mentioned this in my update thread, but I had a 23-0-0 record with Brazil, then I drew two qualifying matches when I couldn't get past the bus. Suddenly my status was Insecure... It's okay now as the matches has left the screen, so I'm back up to 50%. Hope I can take them to the World Cup. Just gotta not get fired due to the Confederations Cup first. Had forgotten all about that one.

Err yeah. But I wanted to know if it was possible to see how was in it in the search screen, so it I don't have to check every single player to see if he's in it or not when I find a nice one I'd like in the team.

Hopefully this whole arrangement is changed for FM11. It's not all that practical. I greatly prefer when the assman suggests who I can pick instead of going through this stuff manually. It's too tedious.

Archived