Question about Feeder club(Merchandising)

Is there any kind of difference if I must choose between four clubs which the board has chosen for me.

The four clubs are four U.S.A. teams with a continental reputation?

So my question: How do I know which one I must choose?

I choose commonly the city with the most ammount of people living there.

What do you think about it ?

Is there any kind of difference if I must choose between four clubs which the board has chosen for me.

The four clubs are four U.S.A. teams with a continental reputation?

So my question: How do I know which one I must choose?

I choose commonly the city with the most ammount of people living there.

What do you think about it ?

The one that costs the most will in theory bring in the most in merchandising revenue.

based on what ?

more info plz ?

Not sure what you mean? If you highlight each one it will show you how much you have to pay them every year. The club that costs you the most should in theory bring in the most in increased merchandising income.

I believe its linked to reputation. You pay more to partner with the more reputable clubs who then boost your reputation in the country by a greater amount thereby increasing sales. I may be wrong about this though...

The fees you pay are linked to the club reputation.

There is no proven relationship between the amount you pay and the amount you could receive in Merchandise Income.

Yes the fees you pay are linked to club rep, but so is the income you get, ergo the more you pay, the more you should bring in.

That's just a theory though isn't it?

You can't assume that the more you pay means the more you receive, it may be logical, but Football Manager has never been a particulary logical game. It's logical to suggest that touring the US and playing your US affiliate club should drum up some interest in your own club and increase Merchandise Income, but it didn't in FM09. It's also logical to suggest that signing key US players like Landon Donovan might see some rises in Merchandise Income, but in FM09, it didn't.

The fee/income relationship has never been documented on these forums and Merchandise Income is something i've looked at intensively in FM09. I'm currently running some saves over 3 seasons with different Commercial Feeder clubs to see what differences arise, but i'm not expecting many.

• 5 months later...

More info would be nice about this, merchandise isn't a massive income source but in the MLS with few sponsors every bit helps, would like to be able to maximize it.

The only thing I know about it is that the income between FM10 and 11 is about 1/2-2/3 what is was (based on the same club and success level).

I tested this on FM 2010.

I had no merchandising links. I watched my commercial revenue for 3 months and it was consistant. I then looked for a feeder team and it came up with 4 different North American teams. The feeder fee ranged by a difference of nearly £1m (if I remember correctly). I took the highest one and holidayed for 3 months - there was a consistent increase that was roughly static each month. I then did the same for the next highest and the same for the 3rd highest. There was a drop in each case that correlated in their fees. From memory I think I was pulling in an extra £200k per month because of this.

Due to this when my clubs reputation improves - say winning the Champs League - I cancel any old merchandising feeder clubs and try and get one with a higher fee as that = more monthly revenue in FM ;)

I was playing with Fulham and they were ranked as a top 10 team in the world in roughly year 2014/2015.

Hope this helps.

Archived