Control Manager

Please install this option for the next FM.

I'm wanting to become Holloway and get Blackpool into Europe - and then see all the cuffuffle the media make out of it, and then act like Holloway with hilarious comments...

Please :D

I'd like to see you be able to take any existing manager/staff to any club to start a new game. this would open up some great possibilities for the stories forum too. It would remove the need for the obligatory back-story of how a complete unknown got to be managing Man Utd etc.

Thats the main reason why I want it... takes away all of the ridiculous "who are ya"ness of FM. Unless you start at the bottom and work your way up, it's pretty unrealistic (I know, I know, but you know what I mean!).

You could always call yourself Ian Holloway when you create a manager and pretend you are him, or is that not the same? If there was an option to play as a current manager there would need to be something that makes each manager different and not just a different name. I'm not sure how it could work.

You could always call yourself Ian Holloway when you create a manager and pretend you are him, or is that not the same? If there was an option to play as a current manager there would need to be something that makes each manager different and not just a different name. I'm not sure how it could work.

Reputation.

You could always call yourself Ian Holloway when you create a manager and pretend you are him, or is that not the same?

I'm still on my first FM10 save, only bought it few months back.

I am Alan Shearer in game, loaded a picture and everything. Found out his England stats and his birthday etc. Put it all into the system so it looked spot on. Loving it.

Oh dear - so Alan Shearer - the real Alan Shearer - starts commenting on my progress with Newcastle, then he goes and gets a job at Everton... so that's messed up everything!!

Now I got around this in a random way... just renamed Alan Shearer with my Dad's name. Still not good is it? But I didn't want to get rid of MYSELF in-game ('Alan Shearer').

I thought it would be good to do this as I really wanted Shearer to take Newcastle back into the EPL last year when he was contemplating the job.

So what I want is for this to be an option - and for all the fairytale storylines to follow me with it. So if I choose to be Alan Shearer then I'm heavily linked with Newcastle and am severely loved by the public and the press. ETC ETC. So many things media-wise which could be linked to us as managers and it would be great to live out a story which is on-going IRL.

Take Mourinho back to Stamford Bridge?

Take SAF to Eastwood Utd? (haha! unrealistic but extreme example of what we could do)

It's the tying in of historic media-type information that I'd like to see follow me if I take over as a manager. So I'm instantly drapped in the world of FM, instead of it all revolving around me... an administrator from Nottingham who suddenly became Manchester United manager... etc.

Archived