How many players and leagues you load at startup?

This is my standard setup when starting a new game on FM10. I usually like to play only in England:

12611659.jpg

As you can see, my approximate player count is 131.000. I start with 24 leagues from 17 nations (only 21 leagues active and 3 are view-only). I use the ultimate player retain file and others DDT files. Wit this setup it only takes 7 minutes of loading before I can start the game. And then it runs very smooth although my estimated game speed is only half a star.

My setup: Vista Ultimate 64 SP2, 5GB DDR2 RAM, Intel Core2 DUO 3,6 Ghz, NVidia GTX 260 OC

So, how many players and leagues you usually load at startup? Is anybody else loading more than 130.000 players?

i tend to not go over the limit the game sets of 75000 players, but usually only 50-60k as that leaves it at 2-3 stars for speed.

usually i'll load england down to BSN/BSS, then the top divisions from Brazil, Italy, Spain and Germany. then its just a case of where i want my regens to mainly come from :)

My current setup is 80 playable leagues from 30 nations. Player count is 124000 players. My computer has a slightly lower spec compared to the OP and AFAIC the game is running well.

My current setup is 80 playable leagues from 30 nations. Player count is 124000 players. My computer has a slightly lower spec compared to the OP and AFAIC the game is running well.

Really? My PC got such a low rating on performance so i took only 3 countries with all leagues in them.

Wish i had taken more since the amount of players are a bit low and i´ve added ram memory since i started the game.

England,Italy,Spain,Germany,France,Sweden all lower leagues i will try next new game.

Edit: Uhm.. Holland as well. :)

Really? My PC got such a low rating on performance so i took only 3 countries with all leagues in them.

Wish i had taken more since the amount of players are a bit low and i´ve added ram memory since i started the game.

England,Italy,Spain,Germany,France,Sweden all lower leagues i will try next new game.

Edit: Uhm.. Holland as well. :)

Don't pay any attention to the performance rating the game gives you as it is not very accurate. Obviously it's highly subjective what one considers to be an acceptable speed, but I stand by my opinion that if you have a similar or slightly lower spec than the OP you can load much more indeed. :thup:

Here's my story -

I generally play short term games (around 20 seasons) as well as long term game (more than 40 seasons). As of FM2010 rating, I started my short term games with 1.5 star rating and they worked smoothly for 20 seasons. For long term games, I have used 2/2.5 star ratings and my game worked smoothly.

My spec: Intel C2D e8400 + 4GB RAM + Win7 64bit + 7200 RPM SATA1

Processing a day takes around 3-10 secs depending upon league schedules, game saving time is 1.5/2 seconds. I think I can load more players/leagues because I can accept saving time of 5 secs and processing time of 15 secs. :D

Archived