What is Automatic?

I, like many people i'm sure, have seen the constant debates on what an Automatic previous experience means. I was just wondering if anyone knows 100% what it means (for instance they've seen SI mention it on a previous thread), or if someone from SI could give a definiton on this thread.

The two ideas which are most popular seem to be that it automatically adjusts to the rep to one of a manager at a club of your standing would usually have, or that it sets it to the rep of a manager managing in the lowest level league which you have allowed would usually have.

All (fullproof) explainations are welcome, cheers :)

OK, so I am managing a level 11 English club in another save. I set my reputation as automatic. But if I set my reputation as Sunday league footballer, which starting reputation is higher? The automatic one or Sunday league footballer?

OK, so I am managing a level 11 English club in another save. I set my reputation as automatic. But if I set my reputation as Sunday league footballer, which starting reputation is higher? The automatic one or Sunday league footballer?

Anyone know the answer? :(

I'd assume sunday league would be higher. Sunday league probably means the BSP/N/S teams, and Automatic would set it to the rep levels of the Level 11 club.

So Sunday League would be higher *I think*

I'd assume sunday league would be higher. Sunday league probably means the BSP/N/S teams, and Automatic would set it to the rep levels of the Level 11 club.

Thanks for the info, mate! Can anyone else confirm this?

Sunday League would be higher. I'd imagine you would start of as "local" with sunday league. Automatic in level 11 you would start off as Unproven.

That is quite true mate! My current reputation is unproven! Thank goodness I picked automatic instead of Sunday league reputation! :D

If you start unemployed, you have the lowest reputation that allows you to get a job with the leagues you have loaded.

As for Sunday League/Automatic- on 10.0 and 10.1, having Sunday League was often lower than automatic due to a fault in the calculating system. I believe this has been fixed.

• 3 weeks later...
If you start unemployed, you have the lowest reputation that allows you to get a job with the leagues you have loaded.

As for Sunday League/Automatic- on 10.0 and 10.1, having Sunday League was often lower than automatic due to a fault in the calculating system. I believe this has been fixed.

No, I can confirm that this has NOT been fixed for patch 10.3. As for an example, I loaded ALL the 117 leagues PLUS 51 nations in the game. Then I added in a couple of managers to my game. ALL of them started as unemployed in my game. This is what I have found:

By setting my nationality as Singaporean, with an automatic starting reputation and being unemployed and using FMRTE, the Home and Current reputation is 3,000 while my world reputation is 1,500.

With the above same perimeters but this time, the only difference of my starting reputation is Sunday League Footballer, the Home and Current reputation is 1,500 while my world reputation is 750.

Using the same above example, I chose my nationality as English and this is what I found:

With automatic reputation my Home and Current reputation is 3,000 while my World reputation is 1,500.

With Sunday league reputation, my Home and Current reputation is 1,500 while my World reputation is 750.

So it is very clear that Sunday League reputation is the lowest reputation in the game; not automatic when one starts out as being unemployed. Bear in mind, that I am playing ALL the 117 leagues that comes with the game and that includes loading up the Blue Square South/North leagues. I am NOT using Super Bladesman file in this experiment. Only UNEDITED leagues are being loaded up in my game.

So in conclusion, Sunday League Footballer reputation is the lowest in the game and not automatic. But strangely, when I chose my nationality as Singaporean with a Sunday League footballer reputation, the starting description of my manager's status is National! :eek: While as for English, the description is unproven while the description for the automatic English reputation is regional!

I have confirmed this. Sunday league footballer has a LOWER reputation level than automatic. You can try this by using FMRTE to view your reputation level when you create new managers and starting them as being unemployed when ALL lower leagues are activated. :thup:

Started unemployed with automatic reputation with all premier leagues loaded and now my reputation is Continental.. :/ Changed it to semi and got national reputation..

Mate, you have to load ALL the lower leagues as well so that a Sunday Footballer reputation is lower than an automatic one.

By the way, can anyone list the reputation levels of a manager here from unproven being the lowest, to world class being the highest? I tried to find this information but to no avail! Is being obsure higher than unproven?

Thanks! :thup:

just go into the staff search screen and dont have any filters set. then click on Reputation (at the top) a couple of times, and it should list all the people on the list by their reputation, from World Class downwards. that should give you your list.

just go into the staff search screen and dont have any filters set. then click on Reputation (at the top) a couple of times, and it should list all the people on the list by their reputation, from World Class downwards. that should give you your list.

OK, thanks! I have been playing FM for 2 years and I can't believe I miss this! :D

Archived