FM2008's Ultimate Goal Machine: Who's Your Choice?

Post your nominee for FM2008's best goalscorer using the following format if possible (also included is my choice as an example):

Name: Goran Pandev

Position: ST

Club: Lazio

Nation: FYR Macedonia

Value: £11-13m

Personal Comment: Scored a hat-trick on his debut vs. Chelsea. Currently leading Premiership

scoring charts with 20 goals in 18 matches.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name: Frazier Campbell

Club: Manchester United

Nation: England

Value: £2.1m

Personal Comment: This guy was awesome on loan at my Hyde United team in the BSN, when I managed to get Man Utd as my parent club. Scored an amazing 108 goals in all competitions. He has all the stats that count for a great pacey striker and is especially lethal in the lower leagues.

My submission of his goals tally is still top of the "records" thread. Fantastic considering the game was not edited or cheated in any way icon14.gif

Here's his stats for that season...

Frazier Campbell - End of season stats

Originally posted by heavybass:

Name: Fernando Torres

Club: Liverpool

Nation: Spain

Value: £25m

Personal Comment: Tears apart rival teams for fun and scores for fun in most games, currently he's going to get 40 goals.

i agree with this and sergioe augero from at madrid does the same

Name: Scott Sinclair

Position: CF

Club: Well I am England where I have him

Value: 27.5M

11 in 7 caps, A hat-trick in a friendly against Ivory Coast in a friendly and against Turkey in the quarter final of Euro.

Originally posted by heathxxx:

Personal Comment: This guy was awesome on loan at my Hyde United team in the BSN, when I managed to get Man Utd as my parent club. Scored an amazing 108 goals in all competitions. He has all the stats that count for a great pacey striker and is especially lethal in the lower leagues.

My submission of his goals tally is still top of the "records" thread. Fantastic considering the game was not edited or cheated in any way icon14.gif

He actually scored the clincher for the EPL and the Champions League winning goal in my Man Utd game. But he looks like he's really a championship striker at best.

Originally posted by astrialthemighty:

Name: Bogdan Stancu

Position: FC

Club: unirea urziceni

Nation: Romania

Caps: 0

U21 Caps: 4

Value: 400k (max)

Personal Comment: scored 51 goals in 52 appearences for me as leeds in league 1 and his goals helped me win the fa cup in my 1st season!!

Quoted for truth.

Name: Billy Sharp

Club: Sheffield United

Value: £2.6 million

Personal Comment: Scored 6 in 1st game of the season v coventry, finished season with 43 championship goals and was main catalyst for winning the championship.

Name:Kaka

Position:AMC

Club:Tottenham Hotspur

Nation:Brazil

Value:34 million GBP

Personal Comment: Do i really have to say anything? scored on his home debut against torino in a friendly, completely demolished Wolverhampton in my opening premier league match, scoring two and 1 assist, with a super curling shot. there just seems to be no one who can stop this guy from getting past you.

Name:Sergio Aguero

Position:AMC/ST

Club:Atletico Madrid

Nation:Argentina

Value:bought for £33mil

Personal Comment:he is the only player on the game i feel confident will score in a 1 on 1 situation. signed in january 2009 for fiorentina and got 16 in 15 in the league to win me the title. followed it up with 36 in 44 and got world player of the year. i moved to real madrid and tried to take him with me the but the new fiorentina manager demanded £196mil for him! and if id had the money i would actually have bought him because hes amazing. and still only 24 in 2012.

Personal Comment: Do i really have to say anything? scored on his home debut against torino in a friendly, completely demolished Wolverhampton in my opening premier league match, scoring two and 1 assist, with a super curling shot. there just seems to be no one who can stop this guy from getting past you.

For future reference please give their club that they began with in the game (we all know Kaka plays for AC Milan but for lesser known players try to post their original club)

Name:Wayne Rooney

Position:ST

Club:Man Utd

Nation:England

Value:£28mil

Personal Comment: Hs been doing well every season but have now appointed him captain and I think he's scored in almost every game he's played 30 goals in 28 games plus 18 assists by the end of Jan can't wait to see what he finishes on

Name: Rio Ferdinand

Position: CB

Club: Man U

Value: £15m-£20m

Personal Comment: Scored a hat-trick for me coming on as a sub. And I know he's not the ultimate scorer but if you get the settings with coners right he scores loads (in comparison to other defenders)

Originally posted by Goofus:

this one made ma laugh icon_biggrin.gif i had enough trouble gettin him to my liverpool side for 40m after a bust up with players and manager and ac gettin knocked out of champs league early but i did get him start of the second season tho. and he is on fire =]

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Rohan The Barbarian:

Name: Bojan

Club: Barcelona

Value: Variable (cost me 5m)

Personal Comment: Plays in my U18's squad at Man U and is an absolute beast! Currently has 37 goals in 29 matches for the U18's.

is it possible to get bojan for 5m and also i doubt he would come and u18s squad should be a first team player even at 16

Name: Mateja Kezman

Club: Fenerbahce SK

Nation: Turkey

Value: £7.5m

Personal Comment: he has to be the most consistent striker i have ever had at a club he player 4 seasons at top level he got 30 a season and took me to Uefa Cup and Super Cup Glory

Originally posted by scotia1980:

Personal Comment: Scored 6 in 1st game of the season v coventry, finished season with 43 championship goals and was main catalyst for winning the championship.

Defintiely. Signed in my Newcastle game and three seasons running he got 35+ goals.

And you can get him for £4.5m maximum

Originally posted by heathxxx:

If anyone tries to insult him again I shall bring this out. He's ffffb.

Originally posted by scotia1980:

Took the words out of my mouth, Sharp is a good, solid, pacey striker with a killer finish, decent long shots and nice dribbling ability, as well as the fact that he's able to pass the ball quite well as well. One of my favourites.

Name: Cristiano Ronaldo

Position: AMRL

Nation: Portugal

Club: AC Milan

Value: £63 million

Comment: Currently my top goalscorer with 27 goals and I've never once played him as a striker, just AMR. Maybe it's down to my tactics but he's awesome. Scores at least a goal per match.

Guest JonMcGrew

Name: Thiago

Position: Striker

Nation: Brazil

Club: Sao Paulo -> Now at Aston Villa

Value: £21 Million

Comment:

1st Season 16 games / 4 goals

2nd Season 30 games / 24 goals

3rd Season 33 games / 31 goals

bought for only £5.25 million

Name: Wayne Rooney

Position: AM/FC

Value: 54 mil

Personal Comment: he has never fail to score at least 30 goals per season. he won golden boot award 3 year runnnig. world player of the year and european player of the year 2 yr running.

Name: Bogdan Stancu

Position: FC

Nation: Romania

Club: West Brom

Value: £11m

Comment: Incredible goalscorer. Fantastic as a targetman too. One hit 6 goals in one game vs Everton in first Premiership season.Finished first Prem season with 32 league goals as my West Brom side finished 16th.

Stancuatrb.jpg

Stancuhstry.jpg

Everton7-1.jpg

Stancugoldenboot.jpg

Stancu-goldenboot.jpg

Originally posted by JonMcGrew:

Name: Thiago

Position: Striker

Nation: Brazil

Club: Sao Paulo -> Now at Aston Villa

Value: £21 Million

Comment:

1st Season 16 games / 4 goals

2nd Season 30 games / 24 goals

3rd Season 33 games / 31 goals

bought for only £5.25 million

With you all the way there. Hell of a backup striker considering he's fairly cheap.

Originally posted by Everton_3_0_Liverpool:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rohan The Barbarian:

Name: Bojan

Club: Barcelona

Value: Variable (cost me 5m)

Personal Comment: Plays in my U18's squad at Man U and is an absolute beast! Currently has 37 goals in 29 matches for the U18's.

is it possible to get bojan for 5m and also i doubt he would come and u18s squad should be a first team player even at 16 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well normally no but A.C. Milan unsettled him, he demanded a transfer, and i swooped under their noses icon_biggrin.gif

As for the U18's I think he deserves regular starts, but with a two-man strike-force that can consist of Ronney, Tevez, Pandev and Aguero at any one time it's hard to get him onto the bech, let alone start the game...

Don't worry, he'll be the next king of Manchester sonn enough icon14.gif

Archived