Results so random

I am a fan of the game since the beginning of CM but I find the results in this version so ennoying random. It happens so often not to win a "easy" game due to tons of missed chances and the opponents scoring from one or two chances they create. So often,if I take back the saved game, playing the same match with same tactics and same team-talk, I win by 3 goals difference.

I still think that 8 of ten games are won by the best team on the pitch. In FM2010 the "luck factor" seems to be extremely overdone to me.

What I can say to make you feel better is that there are events in a match that changes the way it will play.

For instant, if you go up 1-0 against a strong opponent on their pitch. Say you started the game with a balanced philosophy and they are huge favourites, you might have started a bit offensive. Now the AI might change to a even more offensive formation and the game will be pretty an open with two more or less offensive teams.

Another example: Say you concede a goal vs a weak opponent at your home ground. You've started the match fairly cautious. Now the AI manager might change to a more defensive tactic, seeing as you're huge favourites and 1-0 is an excellent result for them. Now this will be closed down match with two more or less defensive teams. The match might aswell end 1-0 to the away team if you don't try to play a bit more offensive.

What I'm trying to say is that there is a random factor. But it's pretty much down to how you deal with situations in a match that determine the outcome. Of course, player quality, form, etc, will matter too - not only tactics. Teamtalk for instant, that's something that can make or break a teams performance if handled extremely well or bad.

As Linderoth says, the AI are constantly adapting to the current situation by changing their tactics. You should be doing the same. If you cannot score a goal despite having a lot of shots, you should look at your assistant's feedback. Are they a lot of long shots or are they actually clear cut chances?

It works in reverse as well, the AI must be fed up with the number of times I have sneaked a 1-0 win against the run of play!

If it was just down to having the better attributes for a guranteed win, wouldnt the game become predictable and boring very quickly? Also as Kenco says, i have lost count to the amount of times i have been played off the pitch and still sneaked a 1-0 win..

I still think that 8 of ten games are won by the best team on the pitch. In FM2010 the "luck factor" seems to be extremely overdone to me.

8 out of 10 you say? Have you watched the EPL this season, randomness rules. Lets take the last day of the season as one example:

10 games played, of those 6 had results that were not in favour of undoubtedly the best team out there, those 6 were:

Blackburn beating Villa

Bolton beating Birmingham

Burnley beating Spurs :(

Wolves beating Sunderland

Hull drawing with Liverpool

City drawing with West Ham

So thats 4 out of 10 that went with the strongest team. Obviously one sample is not enough to prove a point but this season alone has thrown up some mental results.

Welcome to the crazy world of football, its a funny old game!

Totteham 9 - 1 Wigan was a pretty insane result.

I know that Tottenham are better than Wigan, but personally thought that last season they were pretty similar.

Are you ok? :confused:

Let me make sure, I understand you right.

You think that Wigan and Spurs are at a similar level?

The same Spurs who finished 4th and the same Wigan who shipped more goals than any other non relegated club in history?

Is that what you are saying?

Note to self: ignore anything this guy says.

Someone must be a Spurs fan....

Not to argue one way or the other, but I can see what Slawbawn is saying. Last year, Tottenham didn't play as well as this season, plus Wigan played better.

Back on topic, I will agree with those who said that various occurrences in a match change the outcome dramatically. Giving up an early goal, or one before half time, for example, may deflate a side a lead to a very different result than if the scoring occurred some other time.

Are you ok? :confused:

Let me make sure, I understand you right.

You think that Wigan and Spurs are at a similar level?

The same Spurs who finished 4th and the same Wigan who shipped more goals than any other non relegated club in history?

Is that what you are saying?

Note to self: ignore anything this guy says.

Can you not read? I said similar last season. Not the season just finished -.-

Archived