(Spoilers) Preferred moves

Using the FM Genie Scout I've noticed that Messi, David Silva and Cristiano Ronaldo (probably others too) have a preferred move called 524288Hi. What does that mean? Is it some kind of secret trickery move maybe?

These are all players with exceptional ball skills in game so I find it pretty interesting. If you like to use the FM Genie Scout occasionally like me maybe you could look for regens with this preferred move in order to find the next superstars? :confused:

Using the FM Genie Scout I've noticed that Messi, David Silva and Cristiano Ronaldo (probably others too) have a preferred move called 524288Hi. What does that mean? Is it some kind of secret trickery move maybe?

These are all players with exceptional ball skills in game so I find it pretty interesting. If you like to use the FM Genie Scout occasionally like me maybe you could look for regens with this preferred move in order to find the next superstars? :confused:

Hahaha, that made me laugh TBH. :D:thup:

Was it that hard to compare the moves they have in the game and those that Genie shows? It`s just the "Runs With Ball Often", but misread by Genie.

Haha okay. My bad. I'm disappointed then. I must admit I'm fascinated by the idea of any kind of "hidden skill" in FM. I didn't really consider the option that it would simply be a question of misreading since all the other preferred moves were stated correctly. I did think that it would probably be a preferred move that would make the player keep the ball to himself more, which is exactly what "Runs With Ball Often" is I guess. Just not that special.

According to the Jamie Carragher has "Argues with officials" and "Stops play" as preferred moves. But according to FM Genie Scout he has "Moves ball to right foot before dribble" and 65536Hi as preferred moves too. Why aren't these listed in the game? Misreading again? Or über-tackle-fighter-move maybe? :p

According to the Jamie Carragher has "Argues with officials" and "Stops play" as preferred moves. But according to FM Genie Scout he has "Moves ball to right foot before dribble" and 65536Hi as preferred moves too. Why aren't these listed in the game? Misreading again? Or über-tackle-fighter-move maybe? :p

all I know for the carragher one is it's definately not this..

Its the 'win' button ;)

Could someone make me a list of PPM's that you need to teach players as per position?

I think it depends on your playstyle, for example I love to play with 2 AM as inside forwards and I always try to teach them get into opposition area and cut inside, my DM always learns to stop play and play simple passes, my AM learns to get forward and play killer balls, my WBs always learn to dribble down the flank and get forward whenever possible... It works for me but I dont if it works for other formations

Could someone make me a list of PPM's that you need to teach players as per position?

Depends on function much more than position. An Inside Forward A(ttacking)M(idfielder)R(ight) will need completely different PPMs than a classic line runner in the same nominal position having the primary task to cross onto the head of a Crouchesque player.

The PPM's went down the ******* once they removed the 'dictates tempo' PPM.

Bring back the old list where there were **** loads to pick from, the current selection is boring and poor. If needs be, remove the coached preferred moves option and bring back the golden oldies.

That's funny, because none of those actually worked or did anything in the game ;). They took out all of the ones that did nothing. If you want to dictate tempo, just set the player as a playmaker. If you want him to stick to an exact tempo, lower his creativity and if you want him to decide the tempo, give him more. I agree that the current list is a bit dull though. Most of them can be achieved with tactics anyway.

Not sure if I'm right in this theory but, in 2009, I've associated PPMs to certain abilities... for instance, "Blast Ball Into Back of the Net" would be to players with high Strength, "Lob Keeper" for players with higher Composure than Dribble, "Move to Channels" for players with high Acceleration and Pace, "Simple Passes" to players with low Passing... and so on.

Since most of my team participate in both Attack and Defense, I don't pay much attention to Position.

Not sure if I'm right in this theory but, in 2009, I've associated PPMs to certain abilities... for instance, "Blast Ball Into Back of the Net" would be to players with high Strength, "Lob Keeper" for players with higher Composure than Dribble, "Move to Channels" for players with high Acceleration and Pace, "Simple Passes" to players with low Passing... and so on.

Since most of my team participate in both Attack and Defense, I don't pay much attention to Position.

Surely blast ball would be best for players with good long shots and technique if you were to match PPM and attributes! Strength is a persons upper body capacity to be stronger than an other - not the way someone kicks the ball!

Surely blast ball would be best for players with good long shots and technique if you were to match PPM and attributes! Strength is a persons upper body capacity to be stronger than an other - not the way someone kicks the ball!

I don't see why Strength has to be limited to upper body. Reason I say this is because I find some of the best (in terms of success per attempt) set piece takers tend to have high Strength.

"Blast ball" can benefit from Long Shot... at long range, I don't doubt that. But if it's a close range effort than the whole point to get the ball past the keeper's reflexes still seems to depend on how much power you can put behind the ball.

In fact, the whole PPM description sounds like something that should neglect finesse and just shoot it on target as hard as possible.

hahahahaha yeah its they just touch the ball and no matter what angle or where they are it just goes flying in the top corner regardless of the match situation! :L

Quality

Archived