club not appointing new manager?

Hi all,

apologies if this should be in the bugs forum but tbh im not sure whether it is a bug. Playing a career game and applied for a job in a higher division (im still employed), I havent been rejected instead the team just isnt employing anyone and its been a month now (they still have an assistant manager so I presume hes running the team).

Does anyone know if theres anything to do to kickstart the ai into life and into making a decision? Dont care if its me or someone else who gets the job its just really irritating being left like this.

Thanks in advance

its a good thought but ive checked the club info and it says the owner loves the club and doesnt mention a takeover, unless there is somewhere else you can check?

ive actually got a game saved on the day I applied for the job (i use 5 file rolling autosave) so to test it i tried applying again and holidaying and the same thing happened, also tried resigning first then applying and it made no difference. Tried a few other jobs and they work fine so maybe it is something like a takeover im missing.

What stage of the season is it? Could they be waiting for the end of the season to make a permanent appointment and just using a stop-gap, like Hull did with hiring Dowie, or Chelsea with Hiddink and Grant?

Of course, it could just be a bug.

I too have a club not appointing a new manager for a long time in my game. I didn't check it yet, but St. Truiden (the respective club) must be looking for a new manager for around 6 months now without appointing anyone as a caretaker either.

I haven't applied there or anything. They just don't appoint a new one.

The club are in an editor file which brought them to Holland (where they are happily playing in the eredivisie), but this is after 6 years with no other issues to be reported so far, so I don't think this might be of influence either.

What stage of the season is it? Could they be waiting for the end of the season to make a permanent appointment and just using a stop-gap, like Hull did with hiring Dowie, or Chelsea with Hiddink and Grant?

Of course, it could just be a bug.

Its just before christmas, they dont seem to have brought anyone in looking at their history, its quite possible they are waiting till the end of the season i didnt know if clubs on the game did that

Could well have appointed a caretaker as a temporary decision - you cannot apply for a position when there is a caretaker there.

I thought when a club hired a caretaker it actually had a member of staff with "caretaker" as their job role tho I may have imagined this I think I remember seeing it a while ago :)

I was able to apply for the job in the normal way, on the jobs screen it has "applied" next to the team in question, just nothing happens from that point on.

It doesnt seem to be adversly affecting my game in anyway just wondered what the reason was for it.

It's something you see quite frequently with teams promoted up from non-playable leagues

they often have

no staff except chairman

no senior players

no reserve players

5-8 youth players

and they will go through the entire season in this state, usually getting relegated straight back down with 0 wins, 1-2 draws and lots of losses

It's something you see quite frequently with teams promoted up from non-playable leagues

they often have

no staff except chairman

no senior players

no reserve players

5-8 youth players

and they will go through the entire season in this state, usually getting relegated straight back down with 0 wins, 1-2 draws and lots of losses

Yea this happens way too often, tho in my case its a league 2 team with bottom playable leagues set as BSS/BSN

They maybe giving the assistant a chance to prove he is any good. Also if a club has a caretaker manager it shows them as that and on clubs coming up Biggleswade Utd are doing quite well on my game after promotion to NPL :)

It a common occurence for myself.

I was Newcastle and Poland manager, I retired from Poland after a semi final finish in the WC I knew I could take them no further. I applied for the Romania job when it became available, The England job became available about 4 days later so I applied for that too. I was offered both, I took the England job.

Its nearly 2 years down the line and Romania job still has applied next to it although they have never offered me it since initial offer and nobody else has been offered or taken them over.

Clearly a bug as I've seen it in international and domestic teams in the last two versions of FM.

It a common occurence for myself.

I was Newcastle and Poland manager, I retired from Poland after a semi final finish in the WC I knew I could take them no further. I applied for the Romania job when it became available, The England job became available about 4 days later so I applied for that too. I was offered both, I took the England job.

Its nearly 2 years down the line and Romania job still has applied next to it although they have never offered me it since initial offer and nobody else has been offered or taken them over.

Clearly a bug as I've seen it in international and domestic teams in the last two versions of FM.

Im glad im not the only one.

I found the following link in the bugs forum i dont know if they are talking about the same thing

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=203270

thoughts anyone?

I dont think there is much we can do except just hope it gets fixed in the next version of FM JGM.

I have just carried on about my duties as if I applied for this job and refused it.

Out of intrest was it a domestic or international club you applied for?

I dont think there is much we can do except just hope it gets fixed in the next version of FM JGM.

I have just carried on about my duties as if I applied for this job and refused it.

Out of intrest was it a domestic or international club you applied for?

yea its far from a game breaker, was just wondering if anyone had a fix im sure it wont be a problem next version.

it was a domestic job at macclesfield 23rd in L2, playing a career game first job i got was at worcester city (they had no manager at the start of the game), got promoted first year and am 11th in the BSP and have been linked with a few good jobs Derby etc so thought it was worth a try.

Aye, I was just wondering if it was a job that you had no chance of getting. It seems that your problem happens exactly the same way as mine.

The only jobs this has ever happened for at myself is jobs I know I could get or the odd job I apply for but then reject due to better offer or reconsidering. Hope its fixed in new version although like you say its no game-breaker.

Archived