What is the difference in picking out players based on reputation?

OK, I am trying to start a new game with a large database and custom settings. There are a total of 7 different player reputation settings. These are: Players based in nation, players of nationality, players from top division clubs, players from top clubs, players with continental reputation, players with national reputation and current international players. In addition to these there are nations', regions''' and continents options. My question is, if I want ALL the players from a particular nation to be in my game, which option should I chose?

Should I choose ALL 7 different player reputation settings or should I just make my job easier and chose the regions or continents settings? For example, if I want ALL the Singapore players to be in my game, what is the option should I choose? Also, is it possible to include ALL the players that comes with Football Manager 2010 into my custom game? If this is so, what is the option should I choose? Should I chooses EACH nation, region or continent? Thanks! :)

If you want all players from Singapore, choose Players of nationalty -> Singapore.

If you want all players in the game, choose Players of nationality and choose a continent. Repeat until you have all the continents.

OK, I used this system and now I have a total of 297,000 players in the database. Is this the maximum number or is it possible to go even further. I also chose ALL leagues playable which is a massive 115 leagues from 51 nations! But I though Football Manager has at least a total of about 320,000 players? Please enlighten me! Thanks! :)

I assume 297,000 is the total amount, since every player comes from a country and every country is attached to a continent in the game.

So can anyone else confirm whether 297,000 is the total number of players in the game?

Wow ... that's a hell lot of players. I generally load 50-65k players in my game. What's your machine spec? can your machine handle that much of data?

I am currently playing a saved game with an approximate player count of 400,000! The reason for this increase is because I added in additional leagues as well from the editor! My laptop is above average but it can barely handle this amount of data! It is a Core 2 Duo 2.53Ghz with 4GB of RAM plus 9800M GTS video card! Am I crazy????? :D

I am currently playing a saved game with an approximate player count of 400,000! The reason for this increase is because I added in additional leagues as well from the editor! My laptop is above average but it can barely handle this amount of data! It is a Core 2 Duo 2.53Ghz with 4GB of RAM plus 9800M GTS video card! Am I crazy????? :D

Yes you are crazy! :D

Think how slow it is now - and then think how slow it will be in a few years and so on.

Archived