Have an option to start the game on June 1st - please!!!

The most annoying thing by far on Football Manager - starting a new game with all the transfer already having happened.

Please SI, freeze the database on June 1st, and let us have that as a starting option (along with the option you already have).

The most annoying thing by far on Football Manager - starting a new game with all the transfer already having happened.

Please SI, freeze the database on June 1st, and let us have that as a starting option (along with the option you already have).

You can choose to start the game using the 10.2 database, which was released before the end of the summer transfer window and so has players at their original clubs.

This is an awesome idea, so having the squad a side was promoted/relegated with, And those players being happy/unhappy... The end of season squads at the start of the season. Would be awesome.

Have the trouble of keeping Beckford at Leeds in the Championship... or Trying to better liverpools season with the current squad and who you would buy, not whoever the manager in the summer will be.

For FM 2011, to be able (not to replace, but another option) to start a game at the game date of June 1st - with the database date at June 1st. Yes there are some deals like Chamakh to Arsenal that are all but done, but I want to be able to start a game and be able to effect change - i.e. signing players out of contract etc... in the first transfer window - as any other manager would have in real life.

At the moment the game date starts on July 7th (if you select the English league) with the squads as of that on September 1st. How am I supposed to do the job that any other manager who joined a club in the summer (although it would rarely be July 7th anyway....) and be able to sign out of contract players.

Cannot believe anyone is against offering this as an option. Don't think it would be particularly hard to implement either....

Don't think it would be particularly hard to implement either....

Actually, I believe it would be a bit of a problem because each start date is like a "save" within the game. I believe that's why they don't offer a simple calendar (like the manager's birthday selection) where you can choose the exact date you want to start at.

If they did that, they'd have to add other "save" points for leagues that start at winter, for instance.

Not saying it's not possible, but could be troublesome, and hardly a selling point (you know, something they can advertise so people will buy the newest version of FM).

• 4 weeks later...
Actually, I believe it would be a bit of a problem because each start date is like a "save" within the game. I believe that's why they don't offer a simple calendar (like the manager's birthday selection) where you can choose the exact date you want to start at.

If they did that, they'd have to add other "save" points for leagues that start at winter, for instance.

Not saying it's not possible, but could be troublesome, and hardly a selling point (you know, something they can advertise so people will buy the newest version of FM).

Would be alot easier done than you might think

It just depends on how data is put into the database by the researchers

If they put the exact transfer dates [Which, I'm pretty sure they don't], then you could easily code something that would have players at clubs around this, ie. if you start a game before the players transfer date, then he will stay with his previous club

You could even put in future transfers, by having the agreed date, and the proposed transfer date, meaning if the player opts to start the game between these dates, the future transfer will still be set to take place, but if is set before it is wiped from the save, and if after both dates, the transfer is auto completed

Of course, some would prefer to be able to choose if they wanted this to go into effect or not

However, it would be fairly easy... but would require a change into how the information is stored within the database, and this part would be time consuming, and perhaps where the idea would loose ground due it being a large change

However, if they started to implement the change for the next data lock and slowly have it as standard for a year or two, then in another FM, it would be less time consuming to do... but for FM11, I don't see it happening

Archived