CPU managers getting hired but not me?

So after a 3 year career in Russia that involved winning 3 cups/leagues and a Europa, I decided to quit and look for a job in the mainland

So I left my FM save on for two hours and went off, I came back to find that 6 months in FM time has already passed

Problem is most clubs didn't approach me, none, nada!! Oh and I made my holiday instruction "apply for high reputation clubs"

Even when I quit my job in CSKA Moscow I had applied for the Spurs job but they rejected me for a guy with less reputation who was the manager of Blackburn. Heck even Fulham rejected me even after I won the Europa

The only thing that works is applying for lower reputation jobs, those who are fighting relegation

I have had the same problem throughout all FM versions. What is your reputation and which languages are you fluent in?

Edit: Also, what was your starting reputation? (i.e. professional, sunday league experience, etc)

So after a 3 year career in Russia that involved winning 3 cups/leagues and a Europa, I decided to quit and look for a job in the mainland

So I left my FM save on for two hours and went off, I came back to find that 6 months in FM time has already passed

Problem is most clubs didn't approach me, none, nada!! Oh and I made my holiday instruction "apply for high reputation clubs"

Even when I quit my job in CSKA Moscow I had applied for the Spurs job but they rejected me for a guy with less reputation who was the manager of Blackburn. Heck even Fulham rejected me even after I won the Europa

The only thing that works is applying for lower reputation jobs, those who are fighting relegation

In FM09 the Russian Premier Division has a league rep of 14 which would put you on a level with the top league in Holland & Belgium, just behind France and well behind the top leagues in England, Italy, Spain & Germany.

You also face the problem that Russia is a long way from England although English nationality would help you. Chances are the offers you will get are from Championship clubs or at best struggling Premiership clubs.

You need to change your expectations.

A Championship team would be a good place to start, and you should be able to walk into ANY League 1 club vacancy.

Eastern Europe is a fun place to manage, but as already mentioned you need to put things into the correct perspective.

Eastern Europe is Tesco

EPL is Harods

Once you understand the ingame reputation of even the major teams in Eastern Europe is generally little better than most English Championship Clubs, you'll start to understand why your applications are failing.

I loaded again and got the Sevilla job (they sacked Jimenez)

Oh and my reputation isn't national, it's World Class. The funny thing is that when I declared my interest in several European jobs, the media would always say that I'm the perfect hire (ironically it laughed off my interest in Schalke and Bordeaux but not Roma/Fiorentina/O.Lyon) but of course I never get approached like the other managers I have to prod a thousand times

The only thing that affects your employability is Reputation

It's initially set by the experience level you choose on creating your persona (Automatic -> International) and is then modified over time.

Match, Title and Cup wins all raise reputation

Match losses lower reputation

It's not a perfect system, as it totally ignores the abilities of a manager in all the other aspects of club management, but the NPM's have the same limitations as us when chasing jobs, however they dont apply, they wait to be approached (another flaw in my view).

those stats are purely cosmetic, high or low stats mean nothing as long as you are doing a good job.

That's the voice of the people, yes, but is there any official source to back it up?

Reason I ask is because it would make sense that some Chairmen look for SPECIFIC types of managing (hence prefering one over another), and manager stats could be a factor (instead of "just" reputation).

In fact, if it's true that FM tries to mimich real life, than it SHOULD take those stats in consideration (if they don't already).

So, again... any official post stating it's just cosmetic?

Archived