Choosing your best Goal Keeper

These players are regens, so I do not think I am breaking any player naming rules.

I have a strange dilemma, I have built a world class all English team of players at Newcastle, with the final piece of the puzzle being the arrival of my new all English, but foreign sounding Goal Keeper Juan Pablo Bana, to replace the ageing Russian Star (we know who he is) who no one wants to buy (but that is a different story).

Now my first choice last season was Kevin Berry, but my staff all think that Kevin is my 3rd (and in one case 4th) best Keeper, with my first choice being Juan Pablo Bana.

So by looking at their stats who would you choose as a your regular starter and why, because I am a bit baffled.

I play attacking football with a high defensive line.

I use him as a Sweeper Keeper.

Both of my central defenders are +15 in Pace and Acceleration.

Neither of them are likely to improve in the future.

GK1.png

GK2.png

gk3.png

I would try to rotate them to keep both happy but overall I would say Berry as he has less weaknesses and is more rounded.

Weaknesses

Berry: Agility + decisions a little low.

Bana: Aerial, one-on-ones, rushing out & agility not great.

EDIT

Whats their personalities like? are either of them injury prone?

I would choose Berry.

I alway make my judgement by inserting all the individual attribute values into a spreadsheet which adds a weighting to the attributes based on the position-related importance of each attribute.

If I would do that for your two goalkeepers, Berry would come out on top.

I would give both the chance to show what they can do in pre-season and would sometimes change my positional ranking based on what I see on the field.

Some players simply perform much better than their attribute values would indicate.

But from what I see so far, I would start Berry.

EDIT

Whats their personalities like? are either of them injury prone?

Berry is professional (and I just found out is born in my home town of Tamworth) and in his history has been injured 9 times in 4 years, all are 4 weeks or less. No notes on his reports to indicate he is injury prone.

Bana is ambitious and has only been injured 6 times in 8 years, the longest being 9 days.

It is worth noting that a few of my reports are now picking up that his weakness is coming off the line to sweep up through balls.

I am edging towards Berry as my number one who plays the sweeper keeper and Bana as my choice when I play deep against powerful attacking teams.

Make them play it out to see who rightfully wins the job from the other! In the end, it's performance on the pitch that matters. Nothing like a little competition to sort out a GK dilemma. It's very close between those two, hard to say one clearly over the other.

Archived