Youth Players

Has anyone ever had a youth player come through and get into the first team and stay there with the amount of ability because I have and yet every other club seems to get real gems.

Also does anyone ever bother with youth coaches because I'm doubting a need for them.

im in season 2021/22 with Newcastle and won everything there is going, youth academy and youth facilities as good as they can be and i have only just had 1 player look like he will progress through to my first team... maybe i dont spend enough time nurturing players that get promoted but to be frank none of them have been worth the time. i have signed numerous players at 16 or 17 years old and put them in my youth team who have come good though

i dont have a single youth coach, i prefer to have standard coaches who will coach 1st team and youth...

Very few players ever make it through academies in real life so only getting one or 2 in a few years is fairly usual. The obvious exception being Barca I guess.

As for youth coaches, I see no need for them. Proper coaches can coach both and having youth coaches just eats into your allowance.

A player I had came through my youth team at Northampton immediately went into the first team in League One. I've since moved on but he's still there and is approaching 250 league games for the club (now in the Championship) and is only 22.

I've made a thread recently about a regen striker I got at the start in League 2.

My last season, he got 25 goals in league one.

My current season, 24 goals in championship and it's January.

I've paired him with and Irish regen striker and now they form a legendary partnership :cool:

I have been playing FM for almost 4 years now, and I am reasonably sure I have played over 1000 hours in the game, and only 1 time did a youth player break into my first squad and that was last year with FM 09.

Although I have a huge affinity for scouting, and I usually poach any/every good youth players that my scout reports, so much so after 5 seasons odd I spend 80% of my transfer budget on youth. Of those foreign youth players (technically they become my academy graduates after 3 seasons) many force into my 1st team. in fact in one of my Real Madrid saves in 1 season I had 3/4 youth players who pushed Ribery, Messi and Ronaldo out of the squad.. They were that damn good ;-)

Archived