Regens ??

Okay, this maybe an addressed issue, so sorry about putting up this issue again.

Been playing FM 10 for about 5 months now, and been an addict of the FM series since FM07. But in this edition I have not been able to find a single regen whos a 5* rating according to my scouting team. And I do have 3/4 scouts who have a 20 in JA/JP. I thought this was to be addressed in the latest patch but alas no.

I thought I wasnt scouting properly, so I used FM Scout to do the same, and it seems that somehow the program wont load my save game either :( (I had modified the DB a bit)

Any takes on this gents ??

Okay, this maybe an addressed issue, so sorry about putting up this issue again.

Been playing FM 10 for about 5 months now, and been an addict of the FM series since FM07. But in this edition I have not been able to find a single regen whos a 5* rating according to my scouting team. And I do have 3/4 scouts who have a 20 in JA/JP. I thought this was to be addressed in the latest patch but alas no.

I thought I wasnt scouting properly, so I used FM Scout to do the same, and it seems that somehow the program wont load my save game either :( (I had modified the DB a bit)

Any takes on this gents ??

What team are you?

If you are playing as a top side with world class players already in your team you'll never get a 5* rating. In that case a 3* rating shows the regen has a chance to be as good as your current players ie world class.

What team are you?

If you are playing as a top side with world class players already in your team you'll never get a 5* rating. In that case a 3* rating shows the regen has a chance to be as good as your current players ie world class.

Beat me to it :)

What team are you?

ahh, so the rating shown is not quite "correct" is it ?? It shows that it has a chance of being a player as good as a world class player...

I'm playing as ManUtd, btw...

ahh, so the rating shown is not quite "correct" is it ?? It shows that it has a chance of being a player as good as a world class player...

I'm playing as ManUtd, btw...

The ratings are relative to the quality of the squad you already have.

If you were FC Utd, Man Utd players would all be scouted as 5*, and FC Utd players would be around 3*

But if you play as a top, top club, like Man Utd your players are expected to be great - so Man Utd players will be 3*, and only the world's greatest players will be considered superior enough to your current squad to merit 5*.

If it didn't work like that, it would ruin the game for the people who play in the lower leagues - because everyone would be rated 0.5 stars, and there'd be no differentiation between players.

Also, with regens, your scouts are cautious about declaring someone a certainty for greatness. My scouts have never given anyone under 20 a rating above 3.5*, but I've still got some great regens.

Read the description, rather than just the star rating - sometimes, your scouts will give two different players 3*, but one will be described as having the potential to be a good player in your division, and another as having the potential to be a leading player.If they say "leading player in your division", then you know you're onto a winner

All you have to do with a regen that has 3* potential is develop their CA to match that 3* potential, then the best players will have their PA readjusted to greater than 3* after they begin to play well for you and develo further. For example, i had a young AMR with 3* PA, i played him a lot and developed his CA to that level and then he began to stand out as one of my best players so his CA and PA began to move up to 4*.

The ratings are relative to the quality of the squad you already have.

If you were FC Utd, Man Utd players would all be scouted as 5*, and FC Utd players would be around 3*

But if you play as a top, top club, like Man Utd your players are expected to be great - so Man Utd players will be 3*, and only the world's greatest players will be considered superior enough to your current squad to merit 5*.

If it didn't work like that, it would ruin the game for the people who play in the lower leagues - because everyone would be rated 0.5 stars, and there'd be no differentiation between players.

Also, with regens, your scouts are cautious about declaring someone a certainty for greatness. My scouts have never given anyone under 20 a rating above 3.5*, but I've still got some great regens.

Read the description, rather than just the star rating - sometimes, your scouts will give two different players 3*, but one will be described as having the potential to be a good player in your division, and another as having the potential to be a leading player.If they say "leading player in your division", then you know you're onto a winner

Thanks mate. That does explain a lot. Pity I didnt read any of the scouting changes made to the game in FM '10 from '09. It does seem a nice idea, though it will take a bit of adjusting to it.

Archived