Most Emotional Match?

What is your most emotional match? Whether it be tears, anger, that moment where you jumped about the room, or anything like that? Just give details and let everyone feel not so idiotic :p

Mine was where I was Bristol City and I had 2 games left to play in the Premiership. I needed to win both to avoid relegation. (I was 18th) My last 2 games were Tottenham who were 6th and Swindon who were 17th.

I ended up winning the Tottenham game 3-1.

The last game came to be whoever lost got relegated.

I went 2-0 down with 30 minutes left to play. Along came my young youth striker to make it 2-2. With the clock dieing out my goalkeeper Adriano Basso came up for the corner. This could've worked either way. The ball came in and he headed it home like a true Brazillian!

I went mental. I hugged my dog, cat and my dad who is also very interested in FM.

On the downside I woke my mum up! (Ooops!)

Share you memories guys :)

i had a similar event in a league cup quater final (the furthest i ahd gotten with my team in a cup at the time agianst liverpool.

2-1 down with seconds left, my corner comes up for a corner and a header from my defender comes off the crossbar from the corner and i'm like NOOOO then the ball falls to my goalie who is on the edge of the area, and he just boots it and it shoots through almost evry player on the pitch and into the back of the net. I was ECSTATIC.

we went on to win 4-2 in extra time and i won the cup too :D

haha,

yeh i had one last night!

I managing Kelvafik in Iceland, need to win last time games to win the season. Drew the second to last 1-1, luckily the team in 2nd also did the same! So it came to the last game of the season, joint 1st with another team.

First half was 2-0 down, and the other team in 2nd was winning comfortably. Made some fluky changes at half time, it was more just do the opposite of what i was already doing, hoping it would work. It did and won 3-2! i think it was the most rollercoaster ride i have ever had on FM!!!

Good thread!

If it just FM10 I had started a Man City game for fun after I lost intrest in the game. In my second season I'm on 49 EPL games unbeaton and to break my fav team's record (arsenal) I had to avoid defeat against Chelsea at the bridge. We went 1 nil down with 5 mins gone after on offside goal from Anelka. Then with 4 mins added time left we won a corner and big Phil Mexes my captain who has won european defender of the year 2 times running steps up, and doesn't make contact with the ball.....anyway in the aftermath of that we win another corner and sure enough this time big Phil pops up on the back post and heads it in.

Championship play-off semi final second leg. I was on a horrible run where I couldn't win for love and money, and stuttered over the line into the play-offs. Play-off semi-final I lose the first leg at home 2-1. Go 2-0 down and 4-1 down on aggregate within 24 minutes. It's still 4-1 down on aggregate at half time, I go into Overload, 65 minutes gone, still 4-1 down on aggregate. I take off my two wingers, stick a couple of forwards on off the bench and go 4-2-4. Try every possible touchline cry to get it forward as quick as possible: Exploit the middle, play narrower, pump ball into box, get it forward etc. Then this happens...

81009191.jpg

Incidentally, James Keene went straight into Leeds' "Favoured Personnel" list after this match, it was that iconic. :p

I've been playing CM/FM for years and never experienced a rush quite like that, I thought I was condemned to another season of Championship football.

And yes, I did win the final too to round it all off.

Yesterday I headed into the last game of the Champions League group stages at Bayern Munich needing at least a draw to qualify. My group was me (Juventus), Bayern Munich, Man City and Rangers.

The match was completely dominated by Bayern and they easily went 2-0 up. It was then on the 70th minute that I just decided to go for broke. My ultra-aggressive tactics did not seem to be working, until the 83rd minute when my CB headed in off a corner. With seven minutes left it still looked unlikely, but then the Juventus legend himself, Del Piero, popped up to score a screamer on the 88th minute.

I've only been playing FM10 a few days, but it's nice to already have a memorable comeback. I'm now facing Man Utd in the round of 16.

I was managing Portsmouth and I needed a win on the final day of the season at home to Tottenham to win the Premier League. I went 1-0 down after 30 minutes but in the second half I bring on my 20 year old wonderkid and he scores 4 goals to win us the title!

The point where I realised I would miss my first-team goalkeeper, a legend at so many clubs. Alessandro Italia (what a patriotic name! Ridiculously apt) - nearly 1,000 appearances and over 700 league appearances, penalty scorer extraordinaire, professional and came through my academy, retired at 39 and his final game was the Italian Cup Final. I couldn't unfortunately trust him in the Champions League Final but I penciled him in for this one against a tough Genoa side - and I fielded a team largely consisting of kids except two second-choice centre-backs. He pretty much was outstanding, his best game in years, pulling off fantastic saves with my young team struggling in midfield. Couldn't win a penalty though but I still won the game through an extra-time winner.

He has 166 caps for Italy - smashing Buffon's record by 27 caps. Likely kept more clean sheets than Buffon too. I suspect if you had to compare his career (numerous trophies with me at Triestina, I think he has a UEFA Cup medal with Roma, and has won everything with Italy), you would go beyond Buffon. Italia made more league appearances than Zoff and won more than him, way more. He single-handedly saved Villarreal from relegation twice as an 18-year-old, before making appearances for Roma and Genoa on loan before taking the mantle at my Triestina side.

It's quite saddening that now I'll likely now never be satisfied with any of my future goalkeepers - they'll all be compared to this loyal professional who has tutored and helped develop so many young goalkeepers - off the top of my head, he has trained Germany's current number one, France's long-term number one and captain (as well as Juventus captain, the second-best team in Italy) and Italy's new number one, who thanks to Italia's dominance over the caps only became first-choice at 29. He's also tutored Macedonia's current number one and England's number two. He's been a part of the last three "generations" of my squad too.

Right now I'm sort of missing him in my squad because he's so dependable and I can't use him to tutor any of my goalkeepers any more - and all of them that he did tutor have moved on.

In that Coppa Italia game, I subbed him off in the 118th minute and in real life he would have got a standing ovation from both Genoa and Triestina, and there would be live coverage all over the world of this match to see off an outstanding legend.

Archived