do you use the thread search?

Have you used the thread search tool?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Have you used the thread search tool?

• yes
    • no
    • i hate you

Yes and its pretty funny - when in the good player and team guide I searched for the Real Madrid Thread searching the words 'Real Madrid Thread' and the Real Madrid Thread came up on the 3rd page I think. :(

So really the search thread tool is pretty poor as rather than find the thread that you want to find it looks for the key word search within all the threads - so I feel the search parametres are very poor as it does not find what you are looking for and makes the whole search thread tool pretty obsolete. :thdn:

Haven't searched for this clearly ;)

I'm joking :D

---------------------------------------------------------

Yes I do as it is quicker than typing out a new thread and getting an answer when there is a thread already on the subject.

Yes and its pretty funny - when in the good player and team guide I searched for the Real Madrid Thread searching the words 'Real Madrid Thread' and the Real Madrid Thread came up on the 3rd page I think. :(

So really the search thread tool is pretty poor as rather than find the thread that you want to find it looks for the key word search within all the threads - so I feel the search parametres are very poor as it does not find what you are looking for and makes the whole search thread tool pretty obsolete. :thdn:

Did you go to the Advanced Search and then select the forum you wanted to search from here?

That usually narrows it down much closer. Plus if you've posted in that thread you can include your name in the "search users" and that narrows it down even more

Did you go to the Advanced Search and then select the forum you wanted to search from here?

That usually narrows it down much closer. Plus if you've posted in that thread you can include your name in the "search users" and that narrows it down even more

Plus you can also use the drop dwon box in the advanced settings to search in thread titles only, which helps a lot.

Nope, I dont think its that accurate.

I find it very good myself. I've found some very old threads, and use of it would stop the spam of "injury bug" and "crash dump" threads.

Cheers for that Eugene. I'll give it a try! :thup:

Archived