Single flank option?

There doesn't appear to be a simple/intuitive way of asking one's players to favour one flank rather than the other, which could be very useful under some circumstances, for example when the opposition has a weak/inexperienced fullback or when you have a particularly good winger/midfielder/wingback yourself. I know you can shout to exploit the flanks or to clear the ball to flanks but being able to shout something like 'play down the right/left flank' would be helpful I feel.

What do other people think?

Go into Tactics and select team instructions

then press advanced and you will see that underneath the sliders, one of the tickable options is 'focus passing'

just tick this and then select the desired flank

Yes, I appreciate that it can be done that way - what I was getting at was that it seems to be a rather cumbersome method of doing it, given the fact that we can now alter a lot of things via touchline shouts and that it would be useful to be able to do it in that fashion. You might not want to pre-set it but if (say) your right winger is obviously playing a blinder after the game's been going a little while it would be handy to be able yell the equivalent of 'get the ball to Charlie' or whatever his name was.

yes you can choose to focus passing down one flank, and you can set the winger to hug the touchline also

Yep, I know you can do that through slider settings. What I was on about is the idea of a touchline shout which could do it conveniently in match rather than fiddling around in the tactics screen.

I've often thought this would be a good idea to implement into the game. As mentioned I know you can set it by going into the advanced settings but that takes time and some people don't pause the game while in the middle of a match to adjust tactics

Yep, I know you can do that through slider settings. What I was on about is the idea of a touchline shout which could do it conveniently in match rather than fiddling around in the tactics screen.

come on, it isnt THAT hard

I have never really liked leaving a match and going into other screens because I don't like the way in which you have to pause the game and so on. I know there's nothing particularly hard about doing it but, given that we have touchline shouts now, which I think are excellent and give a far more realistic feeling, I just thought that an addition along these lines might be a good idea.

Archived