The Manager

Ok this is probably a daft idea but here goes. I would like to see myself "The Manager" moving around the technical area or whatever its called in my black suit or kitted out in a tracksuit or whatever...maybe this could be an option too as a manager on what i wear and then this shows up in the game. Would also be great to see the manager celebrate a goal with the players like Jose Mourinho. Probably get slated for this but hey its an idea unless its already been thought of.

Would be a nice little touch. The subs bench is already present minus the manager. Wouldn't be too much to ask I don't think. Like the idea of choosing your attire. Maybe as you progress up the leagues you open up options for a nice suit and and a Jose Mourinho coat?!

Would be a nice little touch. The subs bench is already present minus the manager. Wouldn't be too much to ask I don't think. Like the idea of choosing your attire. Maybe as you progress up the leagues you open up options for a nice suit and and a Jose Mourinho coat?!

Yeah a nice sheepskin coat would be very nice for the winter too ;-)

Nah, it doesnt add much to the experience, so why is it needed?

Not everything is needed but this could be for fun and a nice touch. I like the idea.

Clothes may be over-the-top though.:D:thdn:

I don't see much in it.

What would happen?

First time you see it you will say: "hey, that's a nice touch". And then you will never care for it again.

Ok so what about the 2 guys that stand near the corner flag.....what are they there for??? rather have the managers there than 2 guys stood near a corner flag doing nothing.

Ok so what about the 2 guys that stand near the corner flag.....what are they there for??? rather have the managers there than 2 guys stood near a corner flag doing nothing.

You mean the fysios? If you watch full matches they are quit necessary. Otherwise you won't be able to tell wether or not the injury your player has is serious or not.

Not everything is needed but this could be for fun and a nice touch. I like the idea.

Clothes may be over-the-top though.:D:thdn:

I'd rather the managers weren't naked.

I like the idea, but you'd have to choose your manager's hair and skin colour too, maybe even the height and weight, so they appear accurate in the 3D engine. It wouldn't destract from the performance of the game, it'd be a nice touch. It would be interesting to see if your personality affects your reactions; if you come across as a nervous manager (say if you admit to nerves in a press conference a lot) then you pace the touchline all the time, while if you have a low hands-on stat then you just sit in the dugout and let your assistant shout the instructions.

You mean the fysios? If you watch full matches they are quit necessary. Otherwise you won't be able to tell wether or not the injury your player has is serious or not.

And the managers are not necessary? isn't this game called Football Manager? why aren't they in the dugout? i thought that's where the physios are supposed to be, not at the other end of the pitch having a picnic. Who watches full matches?

And the managers are not necessary?

In the 3d match view, no.

isn't this game called Football Manager?

Now that you mention it. Nice catch!

why aren't they in the dugout?

I'm sure they are, they're just not in the 3d view

i thought that's where the physios are supposed to be, not at the other end of the pitch having a picnic.

If they would have a picnic at the dugout I'm sure the referee would send them to the stands, and then when happens if someone's injured?

Who watches full matches?

I do on important matches. I'm sorry :(.

In the 3d match view, no.

Now that you mention it. Nice catch!

I'm sure they are, they're just not in the 3d view

If they would have a picnic at the dugout I'm sure the referee would send them to the stands, and then when happens if someone's injured?

I do on important matches. I'm sorry :(.

oh dear hear we go with all the quotation marks!!!! now if the manager is not necessary then why would the physios be necessary? you don't actually see em do anything they just stand there near the corner flag

doing bugger all and even when a player is injured they just stand up next to the injured player and stare into outer space.

Archived