Time to change (or modify) training?

I'm not complaining about the training module, I don't understand it and I'm just as happy to leave others to it, so this isn't a rant about that. In fact, this isn't a rant at all. I'm merely suggesting that with some of the new features in the game, i.e. the roles, that training have a new option.

I'm proposing that we have the ability to train players into the roles we want them to play, much like the new position training. Think of this as specific training where we can really focus on the attributes we want our players to have and we find important. So for example, we ask a player to practice in the role of a poacher, we are essentially asking him to work on those highlighted attributes more than just the general training module, which can disperse the attributes randomly. I guess the payoff is that we can have a better idea of what roles a player is more comfortable in because we've been having them train there and see a faster development in selective areas.

Anybody think this is a good idea? I don't mean to step on the toes of people who like the training the way it is, I just thought some form of a practical enhancement would be nice so we can maximize the development process.

Thing is wazza, you can do that already so long as you know how to set up appropriate training schedules.

There's another thread here on training, and I'd like to bring them together. The training module is actually very sophisticated and works very well. Problem is, until SFraser in the Tactics & Training forum cracked the esoteric secrets, no one had a damn clue how to optimise training in FM. The other thread is advocating what I've been suggesting since FM10 came out - a training wizard as a user-friendly, intuitive version of the tactics wizard.

So what I'm saying is, there's not really much that needs to be added to training in FM; rather it needs to be redesigned to take out the sliders (or hide them under the hood) and help us to design the schedules that we want.

how does training work at the moment it just anooys me

Training is easy.

Playing games and good morale lead to increases in attributes.

All the training section does is decide which attributes get increased. If you leave it at default all attributes get increased evenly. Changing the schedules just means certain attributes get increased more than others.

but what if i have a player with 16 long shots 15 finishing and 8 composure? how do i increase composure more?because if i put him on intense shooting training he'll most likely increase long shots and finishing !

but what if i have a player with 16 long shots 15 finishing and 8 composure? how do i increase composure more?because if i put him on intense shooting training he'll most likely increase long shots and finishing !

I can't remember exactly but presuming Long Shots, Finishing & Composure all come under the "Shooting" banner then they'll all increase at the same rate.

As far as I can make out the groupings you can pick when going into the attributes tab in the player's training page are the same groupings that are emphasised in that training area, so as composure is coming up in the shooting group then I assume bumping up the shooting training will help.

I can't remember exactly but presuming Long Shots, Finishing & Composure all come under the "Shooting" banner then they'll all increase at the same rate.
As far as I can make out the groupings you can pick when going into the attributes tab in the player's training page are the same groupings that are emphasised in that training area, so as composure is coming up in the shooting group then I assume bumping up the shooting training will help.

that's my issue with current training module! when training shooting all the atributes covered increase nearly the same so there is no way u can increase one attribut much more than the others! that's way i think in future versions of the game there should be a feature to be able to train one or two specific attributes like composure in this case besides the usual training!

that's my issue with current training module! when training shooting all the atributes covered increase nearly the same so there is no way u can increase one attribut much more than the others! that's way i think in future versions of the game there should be a feature to be able to train one or two specific attributes like composure in this case besides the usual training!

Forgot to add that some mental attributes will increase naturally and tutoring could help as well.

As for training I know what you are saying but does that not make it too detailed/easy??

Converting it to real life, how would you train composure without training finishing in a shooting capacity?

I think the current system is fine, however the ability to pick one or two stats that a player should focus on (and thus increase more) would be good.

So I could have all my centre backs on the same schedule, but ask one to work on his jumping and heading, one to work on his anticipation and positioning and one on his speed and acceleration. So rather than having to craft an individual schedule for every player (which one should do in order to get the most out of training) you can have a general one with individual player instructions.

Forgot to add that some mental attributes will increase naturally and tutoring could help as well.

As for training I know what you are saying but does that not make it too detailed/easy??

Converting it to real life, how would you train composure without training finishing in a shooting capacity?

well the example with composure wasn't well chosen for real life but u could train others IRL like passing, first touch, penalties, freekicks without training others with them! and i'm saying to be able to train one or two specific atributtes( from those who can be trained) because there are a lot of players with good attributes all around except one especially regens!

Thing is wazza, you can do that already so long as you know how to set up appropriate training schedules.

There's another thread here on training, and I'd like to bring them together. The training module is actually very sophisticated and works very well. Problem is, until SFraser in the Tactics & Training forum cracked the esoteric secrets, no one had a damn clue how to optimise training in FM. The other thread is advocating what I've been suggesting since FM10 came out - a training wizard as a user-friendly, intuitive version of the tactics wizard.

So what I'm saying is, there's not really much that needs to be added to training in FM; rather it needs to be redesigned to take out the sliders (or hide them under the hood) and help us to design the schedules that we want.

I agree that training should have be more user friendly, however, i think that it would create a whole new learning curve for everyone. I'm perfectly fine with leaving the training as is and let others figure it out. Are sliders necessarily intuitive? No, not really, but the experts here know how to work them and know how to optimise it, so I don't want to change the module. I'd just like to have a training option that we can train players to play a specific role, so we can optimise their potential in our tactics.

It would be like telling Rooney in training to play like a poacher or a complete forward, instead of a deep lying one, if you're playing him alone up top, therefore maximising his attribute increase in those highlighted areas that are required for a poacher or a complete forward. Then what we could see is that they become more effective at that "role" and play better as a result.

Archived