Stupid game!

Reminds me of a match I played in a network game the other day.

Aston Villa 5-0 Man Utd

They had 4 shots early on, scored all 4. I took off the worst perfomers (although maybe they were the strikers as we were creating but not finishing), continued to dominate while getting increasingly more attacking and direct. We had about 18 shots including 5/6 CCC. The result? 5-0.

Sometimes you get unlucky and sometimes players are just crap. Punish them accordingly.

Let's see, they had 10 shots on target to your 6, had slightly better ball control stats, and their players played much better than yours, 7.88 to 5.28. Your team talk might have been crap, or maybe they just played badly and you need to clamp down on them. And looks like Rovers had a screamer. Did you adjust your tactics to their play? If you played defensively, your squad may have backed off of them and gave them all the time they needed to create better chances, rather than pressured them and pushed forward.

After the first three goals went in, I'd be tempted to drastically change my philosophy and pressurize them for awhile.

Nah, just a default 4-4-2 mate. I was actually playing defensively. Football is a crazy game!

The best form of defence, is attack ;)

With a good 4-4-2, you need to defend from the front, the middle and in defence. If you're getting hammered a lot, then clearly you need to look at your strategy and the suitability of the players you use.

If it was a one off, then it's perhaps just one of those games. ;)

Archived