The Fate of Fratton Park 10.3

So I decided yesterday to start up a game as Pompey after reading through some of the posts describing how difficult it is now. My findings so far.........

2 weeks in - Balram Chanrai decides to step down and let another board member takeover (10 wks later this is still ongoing - with embargo in place)

I reduced my wages by loaning out Utaka to Valencia, sold Mullins and another few smaller time players but am still 12k over my wage budget. Not bad going considering i was around 110k over to start.

This bit I love............. first month finances roll around and from a postion of being 10 million in the black straight away I am 4 million in the red???? With the revenue I made it works out that my debt repayments for that month alone where 16.4 million???? This is going to be tricksy me thinks.

What I want to know is has anyone managed themselves and Pompey through this and come out he other side? Do they get placed in Administration? If so what sort of damage can i expect to my playing staff??

I love the idea of this challenge and am literally chomping at the bit to get home from work and crack on with it. :D

Any more for anymore?

I am now in the summer of 2012, all of the big debts repaid, including the two massive ones of 25m and 23m. It included a lot of wheeling and dealing, but it can be done and I didn't find it that difficult tbh.

Btw. there is a Pompey thread in the team guide section, check that for more info.

On my 10.3 save in 2014 they are in the Championship and the last 3 season's have started with -10 points. Not looking good but they keep avoiding relegation to League 1.

First season they got beat 3-1 away at Brighton in the Carling Cup, Lost 4-1 at home to Bristol City in the Fa Cup 3rd round and finished rock bottom in the League on 19 points.

its pretty easy getting the wage budget back into the black .. and with that you can bring in some free's and even get a pretty decent transfer budget...

and as long as your careful (none of this 48months business) you can bring pompey out of it ..

personally i find it one of the best challenges on the game in the new patch

(along with southampton oddly... who are pretty much the exact opposite of pompey right now... with their sugar daddy chairman and talented squad)

I managed to turn Pompey into a footballing force. Balram Chanrai sold the club to an investor from Qatar. He subsequently injected nearly £100,000,000 into the bank account, gave me a £65,000,000 transfer budget and a decent wage budget too.

A few weeks after "the free-spending" Pompey chairman injected another £15,000,000 into the clubs budget, extended the training and youth facilities along with a youth acadamy and 2 - 3 seasons in expanded the stadium.

It all depends on luck with who takes the club over I suppose. I had it easy, but some don't.

I found the key was too way over spend and buy the players to fit my tactics, and worry about money issues once I had found my footing as a top team.

Must admit I never use the old 48 month trick usually but I have signed Ochoa and Dentinho on just such deals. My thinking behind it is that especially for Ochoa, now I have him I can get rid of James who is on stonking wages and Dentinho is going to be my main man when he comes.

Like i said never used it before so wil have to see how it works out for good or bad.

Got Dentinho for 9 million and Ochoa for a very reasonable 4.5. :)

Archived