Bringing a Player Around.

I've got a problem that I've never really encountered before in FM, or rather it involves a player I'd rather not sell. My new striker is Unhappy as he says he dislikes me and finds me difficult to work with. Rather unfairly in my opinion as it came from him not being registered for the Euro Cup qualifiers, but I couldn't register him as the game wouldn't let me unregister any players and I had to leave spaces for Home Grown requirements.

The problem is, is there anyway to resolve his differences with me? He only has a one year contract and I'd like to extend it and keep as he is the only striker in my squad that isn't a small fast striker so gives me extra options in attack. If it's impossible to change his opinion of me then I'll sell him on and get a few grand, which is what I've normally done with any difficult players, but I have no idea how to go about it.

It really depends on his personality - how professional he is, and whether you are one of his favourite persons. It's quite realistic really; if he doesn't like you and has a bad attitude, there's not much you can do about it other than offer him as ridiculously large contract as you are allowed - and even then it will probably not persuade him.

Other than that all you can do is be patient and sweat it out. I've just had a similar experience. My captain got a red card for persistent fouling and I fined him a week's wages. Not only was he angry with me but half the first team squad were. I was extremely concerned, but I didn't panic and after two or three weeks one by one they came round (well, still waiting for 3). They all have positive personalities.

Alright then he is out in the January transfer window. I'll just have to use two Fast Strikers up front, and cut down the crossing.

The best part is that the games he missed ended up 0-6 and 1-3 against Getafe (I'm Portadown). So he missed out on two hammerings by far superior opposition.

I suppose it depends of how much you'd like to keep him in years to come. I had problems with a player once, he wanted to leave and I was reluctant to sell him. But I decided to hear clubs out but none offered even close to what I expected to get for him so he started to hate me. In the end Ajax came with a loan offer for a season and I let him leave. Came back after the season and was happy again...he played another 4 seasons before leaving. :)

You should buy him and throw him in the reserves. ;)

Can't be bothered. He can play the odd game for the second or third best team in N. Ireland, while I live it up in the Scottish First Division. Isn't that punishment enough? :p

Archived