Starting unemployed advice

Hi guys,

I have just started a new save unemloyed on FM2010 with automatic reputation. Now i havent ever started unemployed since FM06 on a career game with my father. Now this is the first time i have done it alone, i have a large number of leagues loaded most all the way down, but I just cant seem to get a jjob, can anyone offer advice please.

Also i will state i have only been applying for the lower down jobs, but i have no interest of going into the conferance but will work abroad.

I've tried this out many times starting as 'sunday league footballer' reputation. I couldn't even get a job in the Irish first Division or South African S**t League. Start out on 'semi-pro' reputation and you'll get a LOT more offers, but still won't attract the interest of any half decent team ;)

I've started out with Sunday League Footballer. You can get a job in the Belguim Third Division, Welsh Premier League, Irish lower division, Northern Irish lower divisions, lower reaches of Brazil or Argentina, or of course the BSN/S in England. Though some of the teams offering jobs didn't have any players and one of the Irish teams actually had no wage or transfer budget.

Just got offered a job in the Dannish First Division, so i have accepted that to get into the work place and hopefully i will enjoy it, never managed in Denmark before so will be a completely new challenge.

Just got offered a job in the Dannish First Division, so i have accepted that to get into the work place and hopefully i will enjoy it, never managed in Denmark before so will be a completely new challenge.

Sorry i just found out im in the second division West. Thoguht i was in the first, i had applied for a couple of jobs thats why i got confused.

Very easy to get a job at a serié c club in brazil. If you've loaded brazil, of course :D

Yes i had loaded Brazil but i dont think i loaded it all the way down just the default Brazil selections. Only top end jobs have been avalible in this part of the world so far, tried Mexico with no sucsess. Just going to focus on Hobro (like this name lol) and see if i can build my reputation up to getting into a middle league in one of the other nations across Europe. Hopeing to get the win the 5 top leagues in 5 different nations achievement through this save.

Jose Marino - however its spelt got a job at a top club and his only experience for sunday league football and assistant manager / translater at Barca - or was it at a portugues club?.

Im sure he was a player for Lisbon or some other portugese club then was a coach then a translator for Robson at Barca before a few other coaching/managing roles then Porto where he made his name by winning the UEFA cup and the Champions League in 2003 and 2004.

Annoying as this may sound, start again choose the same leagues and their respective sizes, and start again. There may have been a low leagues side that you over-looked so to speak that you never applied for you may find that this club that you could of applied for is all your going to be offered/able to apply for from the very start of the game.

I did this and this helped. As you might wait possibly a full game year or longer to actually get the 'Club'your after, check out the started unemployed threads, it can be a mixed bag.

What leagues do you have active? Or if there are so many, perhaps it might be easier to list the leagues you haven't loaded :p

Simple answer is just to go on holiday indefinitely, and set it for you to apply for all jobs and return from holiday when it finds you a job. That saves you the effort of applying to each individual job, and the applications are typically done within a day(ish) of the job being available, whereas you might completely miss some job offers if you're just repeatedly clicking "Continue" and hoping for someone to get the sack as it can sometimes jump quite a few days when you click Continue.

Just, y'know, don't expect to be in your comfort zone if you do this. Last time I did this, I ended up managing some team I'd never heard of in the lowest Romanian league :D

Archived