Player's value

It depends on the level of player. I bought a player for Montrose whose value was a massive £80! And that is exactly what I paid for him.

£80 must be the least I've ever paid for a player where money actually changed hands in the transfer.

It depends on the level of player. I bought a player for Montrose whose value was a massive £80! And that is exactly what I paid for him.

£80 must be the least I've ever paid for a player where money actually changed hands in the transfer.

How did he do for you?

If a player has a contract longer that a year he will be more expensive. Value indicates whats player worth in his last year of contract. Having 3+ years on his contract usually brings his price double or even triple if he is happy at the club.

It also depends on hes squad status. You can sign substitute players under 24 years old from almost any club. Even Barcelona will give you Bojan for reasonable price if he wants to join your team.

When you send scouts and they tell you the team is unlikely to want to sell, you will probably have to pay more than double. Good prospects can be worth even more. Important first team players should be available for double or slightly under. Others should be available at 1.5 times the price.

Unsettled players are always cheaper. If a player has "happy to stay" happiness level you should price/declare interest cuz they are most likely to unsettle. But don't let them sign new contract with current club. And don't declare interest if you have no money cuz your rivals might just sign him first.

Accept that there are some players you just can't have.

It's what a player is worth based on how much he would sell for if the club wanted to sell him.

If the club doesn't want to sell him he is worth a lot more.

My car is worth £3899 but if someone knocked on my door offering that amount I wouldn't sell. I like my car, and I need it for commuting, and I got a good deal when buying it, so I doubt I'll get a better deal again.

But if I'd just lost my job and had debts spiralling and someone offered me £3899 cash there and then (possibly less), I'd probably sell.

If someone offered my £4000 plus a car of inferior attributes (looks, speed, efficiency) I'd reject it.

If they offered me £5000 I'd consider selling but probably wouldn't, simply because of the hassle it would be with the paperwork, finding a new car, insuring it, etc. Plus I have to find another car, so I'll be without one until then.

If they offered me £8000, I'd put up with that hassle because I know I can get another car, one that will be a lot better than the one that has served me well until now.

Now, I know I'm only doubling the value here, but the abundance of used cars is far greater than the abundance of efficient footballers. So of course a GOOD player will go for more than his value, a lot more in many cases, such is the inconvenience of finding a replacement.

Archived