3D Stadiums

How about a 3D representation of your stadium in the clubs facilities overview tab with the ability to pan and zoom around or just stay as fixed. Currently just being shown the capacity number leaves a lot to the imagination so about SI model some 3D stadiums in future? I can understand that it would be a very long tedious task doing it for the 1000s of clubs in the game and their could be license issues involved? but there should'nt be for the clubs they have accquried licenses for already? and for the match engine they could still use the generic stadiums. For the top clubs with a license they could be modeled in decent detail and for other clubs a set of generic 10000/20000/30000/40000+ stadiums could be asigned to them thats closest to their capacity. It would be great getting to see what expansions are made to your stadium by the board too if they could implement a set of default stands and tiers to add. So what do you think, ridiculous idea? :D

Heres quite a rough overview

th_afcajax.png

th_Chelsea.png

th_FCGirondinsdeBordeaux.png

How about a 3D representation of your stadium in the clubs facilities overview tab with the ability to pan and zoom around or just stay as fixed. Currently just being shown the capacity number leaves a lot to the imagination so about SI model some 3D stadiums in future? I can understand that it would be a very long tedious task doing it for the 1000s of clubs in the game and their could be license issues involved? but there should'nt be for the clubs they have accquried licenses for already? and for the match engine they could still use the generic stadiums. For the top clubs with a license they could be modeled in decent detail and for other clubs a set of generic 10000/20000/30000/40000+ stadiums could be asigned to them thats closest to their capacity. It would be great getting to see what expansions are made to your stadium by the board too if they could implement a set of default stands and tiers to add. So what do you think, ridiculous idea? :D

Heres quite a rough overview

th_afcajax.png

If you made that yourself, kudos that is very impressive. :thup: I agree on principle, though as you said it would be unfeasible to do it for every stadium. I think that FM should embrace the 3D technology available and start to gloss over those numbers and sliders with more aesthetics (and FM 10 is a great step in that direction.)

That would be great! I've always wondered how my stadium looks like. Although I'd like to see other areas improve, this is probably the only cosmetic feature i want in future games.

Btw, I make Matt123456 words as my own. Nice work kudos!

• SI Staff

Yeah I like that. Maybe won't be as attractive with us only having generic stadiums as they would all look quite similar.

There are various technical issues that prevent us doing something like that at the moment. Remember how slow things were on that screen when we tried using 3D kits there? ;)

It would be a nice addition to the game for sure.

How about an expansion pack for those that wanted to manage their stadiums as well as their teams.

Football Stadium Tycoon. Really be able to control every aspect of your stadium, from grass lenght to the tea ladys wage.

If you made that yourself, kudos that is very impressive. :thup: I agree on principle, though as you said it would be unfeasible to do it for every stadium.

As far as I can see they're from one of the old LMA games, but still it would be a very good idea, and we could even have the designs changing with capacity changes, new stadiums, etc. (not us designing though, I'd never get through a season then)

Cheers but yeah I didn't model those stadiums I took some snapshots of them from LMA07 just to give a gerneral idea. Good to see some support for this :thup: and since Ter likes it does this mean we could see something like this down the line when its feasible and the tech and performance issues are ironed out , FM12/13? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived