wow! after the 8.0.2 patch FM 2008 IS THE BEST IN THE SERIES!

I played a lot of games after the 8.0.2 patch with the new database and I must say it looks like a total different game.

1.The match engine has been fixed - finally, this is the best match engine so far in all FM games.

2.The player rating problems has been fixed. Except to see a lots of 9 and 10's after the patch.

3.SI tweaked the injuries with this patch - except to see few injuries in training and in games. For me, this was the biggest problem with the 8.0.1 patch - a lot of injuries. But not anymore, after 8.0.2.

4. More realistic transfer fees and stats of the players have been tweaked refelecting their evolution in real life with the new database (Silva is stil a god in FM but I can live with that.).

For me, those were the essential things that needed to be fixed.

If you noticed other things fixed by the patch, post here and share your thoughts about the new patch.

I played a lot of games after the 8.0.2 patch with the new database and I must say it looks like a total different game.

1.The match engine has been fixed - finally, this is the best match engine so far in all FM games.

2.The player rating problems has been fixed. Except to see a lots of 9 and 10's after the patch.

3.SI tweaked the injuries with this patch - except to see few injuries in training and in games. For me, this was the biggest problem with the 8.0.1 patch - a lot of injuries. But not anymore, after 8.0.2.

4. More realistic transfer fees and stats of the players have been tweaked refelecting their evolution in real life with the new database (Silva is stil a god in FM but I can live with that.).

For me, those were the essential things that needed to be fixed.

If you noticed other things fixed by the patch, post here and share your thoughts about the new patch.

Sounds good. I am about to start a new campaign myself so can't comment yet.

One thing I am going to specifically look for is the Board Expectations issues to have been ironed out.

That was my number one gripe .. and made it unplayable in 801.

*fingers crossed

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Emmenaar:

Board expectations aren't fixed icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Want to buy a copy of Fm2008? Only used once.

T&T. VGR.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian_Rangers:

i wish i could get the bloody thing to work! It is not running at all and I do not have a clue on how to get it to run! Why did they not make it simple like all the other downloads? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was simple ..

Open the torrent in Uttorrent. Wait. Wait a bit more. Double click newly downloaded exe.

How much more simple would you like it to be, seriously? icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

This is what I did. I uninstalled the game with patch 8.0.1 installed. I installed the game again and installed the 8.0.2 patch over 8.0.0 version and I started a new game. No problems so far.

Maybe If you install 8.0.2 over 8.0.1 messes up the changes made.

Funny you say that, my keeper does seem to spill a lot of shots. Not costing me any goals yet though.

I'm happy because I've definately noticed a big reduction in clear-cut chances. This means that when you do see one, its usually a goal. That was the main thing for me.

Definately improved.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by big_bob:

This is what I did. I uninstalled the game with patch 8.0.1 installed. I installed the game again and installed the 8.0.2 patch over 8.0.0 version and I started a new game. No problems so far.

Maybe If you install 8.0.2 over 8.0.1 messes up the changes made. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just installed over the old patch. No issues here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Emmenaar:

Board expectations aren't fixed icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the sticky at the top it says the board expectations/confidence has been fixes.

You have to agree that the match engine after the 8.0.2 patch looks excellent. And I didn't get high scoring games as others said, just normal results. (1-1,2-0, 3-0 maximum)

I just used a default 4-4-2, didn't used a tweaked tactic, but so far I'm impressed with every game I played so far.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PaulC:

Thanks big_bob, but I should point out we havent touched injuries.....icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about the game stopping confidence problem PaulC?

As with 8.0.2 patch I didn't have key players injured in training in pre-season as I had with 8.0.1, but in games is normal to have injured players. So far, with 10 games I had only 4 injuries, the maximum inhury was 3 weeks so I can live with that.

For me, the most frustrating aspect of the game are injuries. I don't care about the match engine, board confidence and others aspects of the game, but if you start a new game and you get hit by an injury crisis early in the season this could ruin the fun of the game completely.

I always use the default training and still had a lot of injuries with 8.0.1 patch. With beta 8.0.1 I didn't have much injuries, it was playable.

Maybe SI could tweak that when players get injured to have minor injuries (maximum 3-4 weeks) most of the times, and the major injuries (over 2 months) to be tweaked to happen few times in the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived