Should I?...

Take charge of friendlies. I'm really up for playing the game but I rally hate having to do all the friendlies and work that goes with it, as i am a bit of a perfectionist. The thing thats stopping me i have to do everything realsticly, and im thinking well does anyone else on the game/ IRL do the same? As long as i set the tactics i can stillget the grasp of how their working etc and everyone still gets played which, afterall is the whole pint of pre-season, getting ppl fit?

I think you should. I really love the pre-season and all the euphoria while my players are preparing, and I manage all the friendlies, as I want all my players to play and to try various combinations etc.

Very much this. It also gives you a chance to measure how good your young players are and to try out a new formation.

Take charge of friendlies. I'm really up for playing the game but I rally hate having to do all the friendlies and work that goes with it, as i am a bit of a perfectionist. The thing thats stopping me i have to do everything realsticly, and im thinking well does anyone else on the game/ IRL do the same? As long as i set the tactics i can stillget the grasp of how their working etc and everyone still gets played which, afterall is the whole pint of pre-season, getting ppl fit?

I'm the same, but I always end up playing them. It's a good way - even if it is boring - to try out your players and boost their fitness and ultimatley see what your best XI will be come the start of the season. However, if your playing poor opposition, 99% of your players can look like world beaters.

At a new club it's usually, in my opinion, a good idea to play the friendlies. By doing so you get a full grasp of who your main players are and maybe some areas you need to invest in. As well as giving you an idea of the state of the squad tactics can be implemented much easier in pre-season compared to implementing them mid-way through. Normally in pre-season I try outthree or four so if something is going vastly wrongthen I can switch to another tactic the players already have some understanding of.

If you have already played a few seasons at a club then you don't have to but its a good oppertunity to try out youth players and new signings. Tactics and general adaptining of the squad is also done, for me, in this periods. In my opinion I would play friendlies but ofc its down to you in the end what you choose to do and you won't be at a major disadvantage if you skip them out.

I've always skipped on cancelled the first pre-season ones as I've just been wanting to get going with the season and there are always loads of them, and done the rest (which are only a couple anyway if that), though recently I've left them to the ass man and not bothered.

Archived