CCCS and goals scored

Rather intreigued (sp) by a comment that wwfan made when I said that my full backs are told to stay back, apparently this causes more of the type of CCCS that get hit at the keeper.

Surely this shows a massive flaw that goes beyond the CCCS issue.

On a side note what odds that it's fixed by redefining what makes a CCC.

It's hardly rocket science:

1: In order to create more angled through balls, I need to be able to spread play wide.

2: Getting the FBs forward facilitates this

3: By not doing this, I will channel my own play down the centre

4: Central play generates a lot of non-angled one on one chances, which are nearly always saved

5: Therefore, I am restricting my own chances by keeping my FBs back

NB: It needs to be taken into consideration that the straight one on ones should not be saved as currently, but not actually created very often in the first place. However, angled through balls are perfectly realistic and create good scoring chances in reality. Therefore, keeping your full backs deep when attacking will always restrict your own performance, although, once the bugs are fixed, it will result in no or speculative shots rather than a lot of saves.

Actually I see quite a lot of play down the flanks - including occasional forays forward by my full-backs. I only want them going forward occasionally as they are both on the old side so I found if I used the automatic settings they were knackered after 35 mins.

Zero. PaulC has already stated in one of the other threads that the ME has been fixed. At least in the number of chances created by this little irritant.

I'm sure the tendency of central defenders to play too far apart has been fixed, but lets be honest, it goes beyond that. Defensive movement in the 3D match engine has been awful every since the original release of 09 when defenders would make that little move forward when the keeper punted it, resulting in keeper assists.

I want to see the movement of full backs fixed (right now they approach the winger, seem to get stuck on the spot and are out of position, assuming they are even goal side in the first place), defenders properly covering for each other, the nearest defender to the ball being the one to go for it and that ridiculous running on the spot for a split second glitch that results in so many long punts putting strikers through.

I'm sure the tendency of central defenders to play too far apart has been fixed, but lets be honest, it goes beyond that. Defensive movement in the 3D match engine has been awful every since the original release of 09 when defenders would make that little move forward when the keeper punted it, resulting in keeper assists.

I want to see the movement of full backs fixed (right now they approach the winger, seem to get stuck on the spot and are out of position, assuming they are even goal side in the first place), defenders properly covering for each other, the nearest defender to the ball being the one to go for it and that ridiculous running on the spot for a split second glitch that results in so many long punts putting strikers through.

Happens irl.

Happens irl.

It happened frequently on 9.0.0 and was acknowledged by SI as an issue.

Anyway the point wasn't that keepers got assists (you are correct, keepers do get assists in real life), the point was how it occurred, which I'm guessing you ignored as you only bolded the end of my sentence.

Archived